I have an appt. Thursday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
to have the LBJ recall done. Is there anything i should check BEFORE i leave the dealer? I just dont want to get d***ed over or anything.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
besides checking if they really replaced the lbj ?
I would look for a pull, to see if it pulls more, go back ask them to align.
Good Luck.

thecause17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They did a good job on mine today...didn't take too long, and if has no pulling whatsoever..the fact that it got an alignment like two days prior to the replacement of the BJ's would've proved any problem was from them installing those, but it feels fine....but yeah, you might wanna look underneather and make sure they actually changed them...I did.

2003KJ

Reaction score
DEFINITELY take a drive before you get too far from the dealer and see if it pulls in ANY direction.

Mine had a good enough pull to the left after I had the recall done, that I could make a nice smooth lane change to the left with out even touching the wheel.

It still has a slight pull to the left, but i'm done messing with that dealer...

I posted on here a while back of my bad experiences....

the_titan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you pay to have work, they will always give you the parts when you ask. Under warranty work, I have to wonder if DCx does not demand them for proof of the validity of the repair. I would certainly expect them to refuse you since you are not paying for the new parts and DCx is.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
i don't think you need to ask for the parts.. just lean down and check the bluish joints :)

Emydol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok good....i dont have room in the apartment for the old parts anyway.
Thanks again!!