I hate winter!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Just thought I'd share this...Post pictures of your KJ at it's saltiest =P

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This one's been around a few times but I'll post it again since it's on topic... ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Mine gets washed once a week in this weather... so it doesn't get horribly bad.

And as I'm sure Boiler can attest... salt just doesn't look nearly as bad on a silver KJ. :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine was worse than that but I just sprayed it off this morning....so no pic. You will have to just trust me that road salt looks worse on a black jeep.

Dave

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is two-tone right now, blue over white, thats how bad the road salt is. Would love to wash it off but with all the streets between my house and the car wash covered in sand and salt it won't do any good yet.

liberty84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot!! The coldest we have been in houston TX is been 25 last week and I hate it.....btw why are ur jeeps so salty????

last presidents day we were in keystone colorado at 10 degrees, snowing like cfazy but I was brave enough to drive :( us texans can't drive in cold weather I wouldve ended up in a ditch

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shoot!! The coldest we have been in houston TX is been 25 last week and I hate it.....btw why are ur jeeps so salty????
Putting salt down lowers the freezing point of water so at temps below 32 deg F (0 deg C) it will cause the snow/ice to melt making for better traction (you're basically just driving thru rainwater at that point). But the salt that gets put down mixes with the water and gets thrown up on EVERYTHING which also leads to premature rust if not taken care of. Be thankful you live where you will never have to worry about it :)

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They don't use salt anywhere in CO I believe. They use sand and a type of solution for the intersections and other high traffic spots. I can't remember the name of the solution.