I found some thing bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
tha maxx i'll be able to get is 350 and that if i sell my other laptop for 150 and my subs for 200

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like you should be able to drive it but only if you have to, keep the RPM's down (2500 to 3000 tops), and don't drive over a few minutes at a time. Try to see if you can bring it in to that auto shop class and get the teachers opinion. Get the mud off and get us some better photos or maybe a video clip.

Reaction score
ill do all that tomorrow. what will happen if this is isnt fixed

It looks like you should be able to drive it but only if you have to, keep the RPM's down (2500 to 3000 tops), and don't drive over a few minutes at a time. Try to see if you can bring it in to that auto shop class and get the teachers opinion. Get the mud off and get us some better photos or maybe a video clip.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That depends on the extent of the damage. Worst case you replace your engine, ******, etc. Best case you lose horsepower. From the pictures I've done worse to my first car without destroying anything, but considering it cost me $150 for that car I didn't really care about it. Keep the RPM's down and stop stressing.

Reaction score
idk if ill be abl to go to sleep now. can i run the car with out the part tll i can get a new one

That depends on the extent of the damage. Worst case you replace your engine, ******, etc. Best case you lose horsepower. From the pictures I've done worse to my first car without destroying anything, but considering it cost me $150 for that car I didn't really care about it. Keep the RPM's down and stop stressing.

Reaction score
idk if ill be abl to go to sleep now. can i run the car with out the part tll i can get a new one

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hey man, hang in there!
I know it ***** having a car that has more damage then you can afford to pay...
Take your KJ to a out door car wash place and clean the whole bottom off and get rid of ALL the mud and crap.
Then, (You might not want to read this)
The sensible thing to do is to tell your mother that you had a mishap on the freeway and that you damaged the bottom of your Jeep when you were driving behind a pill of shiite and "Something" fell off of the the car in front of you and you had nowhere to go but straight over the debris, and that it sounded like a bag of hammers!

Not really telling her a lie, just modifying certain elements of the actual facts.

If you choose to do this and all things work out in your favor, you better stuff a horse shoe under your seat! :D

As far as trying to "Fool" your insurance company?
BAD NEWS! Insurance fraud is a crime! You were to get busted?
I wouldn't want to end up as some guy's *****!

_UnLiMiTeD_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
last i checked a highscool student with no job cant afford a $36,000 vehicle, so i take it you didnt pay for it lol. You can always see if theres a liberty sitting around in a scrap yard and yank the piece of one and have your shop teacher weld it in.

Reaction score
my mom paid for it with money left to me frommy dad. before i was 18. i may be able to get a part from a junk yard an have a friedns dad weld it in

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that's enough to warrant NOT driving it at all, but get that fixed ASAP or you can cause more problems.

I recommend taking it to an exhaust shop. $100 should do it. Sorry, but that's the cheapest you're going to get out. Or, take it to your friend's collision shop.

This may have been like this for a while. No way in hell a small rock did that, to bend the pipe like that you hit something solid (or the previous owner).

Like people said, pay to play. Trust me, I've paid in the past!

FWIW also, the skids TJKJ mentioned are awesome, but the mopar ones have been doing me just fine. I don't go nuts out there, but I have smacked them quite a few times and they've held up well.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A have crushed Y-pipe(at the point where it is crushed) will lower mpg's,overheat the ******(if driven to far),and if driven to long can damage the engine(worst case).There could be more damage also,cracked manifolds or damaged cats(internal damage).

A exhaust shop may be able to fix and check the rest of the exhaust system out.You can also get a Y-pipe from a junkyard.

Like others have stated you have to pay to play,even if you try to claim it under your insurance you would still have to pay the deductable(depends on the amount you have,$250-$1000 are common),it will increase your insurance payments and insurance propally won't cover it unless you have a police report proving you where on a actual road.

Best to just fess up and get it fixed ASAP.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it were me I would cut the section out, get some pipe from a parts store along with some clamps. Thing is fixed for under $20.

Thats not a permanent fix though.

Reaction score
i cant let my mom know but i can possibly get the y pipe. my friends taking a look today after school. ill go to a junk yard and try to pick one up

2003KJ

Reaction score
There's an old mantra for four-wheeling that is "You have to pay to play".

No kidding. If you can't afford to fix things when/if they break (which when you wheel, things are going to break eventually), then you shouldn't wheel until you atleast have the money or proper protection.

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you even be sure that you did it? Did you thoroughly look under the Jeep before you took it off road? Clean up the underside real good and see if the damage looks fresh. If its fresh you should see scraping with clean metal, if it's been there for a while you should see those scrapes are oxidized.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Insurance fraud can land you in jail. even if you dont end up in the klink, you'll have a criminal record for life. You have put evidence out in public that you intend to make up a story & file a claim. You are on the WORLD WIDE WEB, announcing your intent to break the law & defraud the insurance company, and you have a picture of yourself under your stated intentions.

That's called a slam dunk case! DON'T DO IT!

Like TJKJ said, an exhaust shop can probably fix it for $100. Telling your mom the truth is the best solution. She may not be happy, but she'll be more upset when her insurance company drops her as a client, & presses charges against you... because you were afraid to tell her.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Something don't jive here dude!
Under the section "Post Your Liberty Pictures"
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35166
It shows you beating on your KJ Yesturday with your friend in the white Wrangler. Yet you tell all of us that you "my jeep was $36,000. i paid. i was leaving the park and i hit a small rock and it bounced up and hit like 3 times under my car."

Yet you tell different on the other thread!
Which is it?

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nevermind, if anyone read what I wrote, forget it.

go read your other post in show your pictures.

you wheeled wrecklessly at the badlands. listen to what people said in that thread, they said, be careful with ground clearance...get skids...etc. clearly they were right about what you should be cautious about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.