I found some thing bad

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Hell, I can buy a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade in Canada for $18,000.00 to $22,000.
So I don't see how this guy could pay $36,000!

And I second what you say. Buy a cheaper first car and get a job so that you can fix what you broke.
And remember...
You play, you pay!

Reaction score
ihad them get out and guide me and i kept hitting the front skid so i turined around a lft the trail. i didnt try to o over the rocks.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hell, I can buy a 2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade in Canada for $18,000.00 to $22,000.
So I don't see how this guy could pay $36,000!

And I second what you say. Buy a cheaper first car and get a job so that you can fix what you broke.
And remember...
You play, you pay!

The only way it would be $36000 would possibly be brand new, and that would still be a scam. However, since he says he is 18, that would mean he bought a $36K Jeep at the age of 14 or 15. Also, yeah the story does not line up and that is insurance fraud. I get a feeling this thread is going to get out of hand fast, but I do agree that it all seems sketchy.

2003KJ

Reaction score
i would if i told my mom but if i did i couldnt go off road anymore

Well then, I guess you should have thought that one out a bit more before you started beatin on the Jeep offroad.

Sorry to sound like a dick, but I personally have no sympathy.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's done is done and now is the time to fix it.

I couldn't see the pic's but this is what you do.

You said you have a friend with a repair/body shop. Take it over there and let them look at it. They can figure the best/easiest/cheapest way to fix it. Then get a part time job after school there and work off what you owe them. Make sure you keep your end of the bargain.

Dave

Reaction score
look my dad bought me the car. it was half way paid off when he died. he left money for me to buy off the rest of the car. and i dont beat my car off road. where you see me in the pic with my hood up is as far as i went. id didnt try to go over the rocks i tried to go around with ym friend navagating for me but there was no way i could make it. to tell me i scamed any one is a freakin lie so dont even go there. it sounds like your trying to gang up on me questioning my character when all i did was come to you for help.

"The only way it would be $36000 would possibly be brand new, and that would still be a scam. However, since he says he is 18, that would mean he bought a $36K Jeep at the age of 14 or 15. Also, yeah the story does not line up and that is insurance fraud. I get a feeling this thread is going to get out of hand fast, but I do agree that it all seems sketchy."

yea i had parents. now i have a parent. and noone frauded insurance. it turns out i went to my friends house and got it on a lift. the scratches on the skids from when i slid off the road lead to the pipe on the catalitic converter and on the gas tank skid.

"Buy a cheaper first car and get a job so that you can fix what you broke."

my mom did what my dad was going to do in the first place which was give me the car. i went with him and picked out wich one i wanted between the renny and a rubicon.

and i have a front skid gas tank skid ****** skid and rock rails. i didnt intend on sliding off the road. this happened back when i had the SRA's on and my mom knew it happened.

"Oh, I assumed he meant $3,600."

no im pretty sure on how much it was being that i was there all three days when we test drove it financed it and drove it home.

"Well then, I guess you should have thought that one out a bit more before you started beatin on the Jeep offroad."

well if you watched my vids you would see i dont really do **** but go through water and mud. no ******* rocks. i dont like things on the bottom of my car and i know i dont have full skids thats why when i was going it was at 2-3 MPH. when i heard a rock bump my skid i stopped got out and tried to find a way around but there wasnt so i turned around and left. i got 5 car legnths on to the green trail before i saw the rocks and turned around.

i have a friedn who not only fixed my amp and subs but will help me get a part for my jeep providing if i cant be 100% sure it happend when i slid off the road. im taking my car to chrysler to get my oil changed and ill talk to my connection there to see what options i have through there. thanks for the people who gave advice in this stressful time and **** you to you others who only question my credibility and intetions. do some research before you try to talk donw next time

***EDITED FOR LANGUAGE*** -2003KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
when your nervous tired and a little scared you say thing you dont mean. if i was going to have insurance to pay i would have taken it today

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let put some things into perspective:
1. He is still in high school and has some learning to do, remember yourself at that age.
2. His Jeep is damaged and the circumstances behind it are irrelevant.
3. He needs some advice on how to fix it and how to prevent it.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I didn't mean to get your ******* in a bunch when I saw $36k and thought $3600. No ill intent meant. Sorry if I offended you there. $36K just seemed insane for a 2004 Liberty based on prices around here.

I understand you're frustrated with the situation. I've been there. I was young, I modded cars and did things behind my parents' back. I bought all my cars myself, but I still lived under their house, and I skirted their rules.

The true answer is to get it checked out by someone who knows. No offense here whatsoever, but if you're broke and taking the vehicle in for an oil change, I'd think this is beyond your mechanical capability. The fact of the matter is you can ask what to do 50 times over the next 10 days, but you're going to have to shell out some cash and get it fixed.

If your buddy's dad or whatever has a shop, then it's about $5-$10 in materials and some time with a welder to splice in a new piece.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FYI ms5490, this is the internet so youre going to get tons of opinions on things like this. Sort through them and take what you will as you want and dont let them get to you. :)

Also, you dont have a ****** skid since that skid covers the area that was damaged on your Jeep.
A stock 2004 liberty came with a gas tank skid, engine skid, and transfer case skid. You must drill a hole in your ****** cross member to install the stock mopar skid on a 2004 Jeep. I have a decent post from awhile back that tells you what bolts to use and has pics on how to do it.

2003KJ

Reaction score
Look, I am sorry that your father passed away. Nobody should have to go through that at your age, and I know it's probably been, and still is ******* you and your family.

Regardless of how much you paid and what not, that's beside the point. The point here is, you suffered some trail damage. IT HAPPENS. The more you wheel, the more damage you will get. Whether it's a dented exhaust pipe, dented and/or scratched doors, or even something more severe. This is the price that is paid for wheeling. You also posted on here asking for opinions on what to do, and how that if your mom found out she'd never let you wheel the Jeep again. You got your opinions, all of them are valid. While they may hurt you and upset you, the old saying "the truth hurts" comes to mind.

I highly encourage you to read back through this thread and follow some of the advice. If you know your mother doesn't want you wheeling the Jeep, maybe you shouldn't. Also, before you go wheeling again or do anything to the Jeep, sit back and spend a lot of time searching through the site, as well as L.O.S.T. You will find tons of info on how to properly equip your Jeep, so as to keep trail damage to a minimum, which will keep you and your mom happy. I've also noticed that you've made a lot of new posts lately on topics that have been beaten to death on here. You're not the first to do that, but please, before you post a new topic, search and see if it's been covered already. If it has, post in that thread rather than making a new one. This helps to keep things organized and easier for others who are new and learning to find :)

With that said, this thread is done. If you have any further concerns, take it to PM.

(lock)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online