Hyundai rim fit KJ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ONTHEPIPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LIBERTY 02-UP 16x7 5x114.3 1/2-RH 71.5 H

SANTA FE 01-UP 16x6.5 5x114.3 12x1.5 67.1 H

Looks to me that Santa Fe steel rims should bolt on to my '03 renegade. But would like your input please

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the backspacing and the center hole
Plus going to a more narrow wheel

Plus I'd just hate to say I had Hyundai wheels on mine :hidesbehindsofa:

ONTHEPIPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear ya on the Korean rim.... I'd never tell anyone that part ;) I just had an opportunity on 4 practically new Dunlop winter tires on black rims. Hate too pass it up, that's why I asked on here.

Having a set of winter tires/rims will save my alloys

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If they are close by do some measuring of the back spacing/ center hole and possibly try one on the front to see if it clears everything

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've run generic steels on my liberty with the correct 71.5 hub. they were 16 x 6.5 with around 5.5 inches of BS. Offset in the 41 - 42 mm range based upon not rubbing on the sway bar at all but was close.

They are now currently being used on my Fusion which has a similar size requirement using hubcentric rings. ie 71.5 to 67.1 adapter ring. ~$25 bucks for 4.

If you have the rim, put it on your hub and see if it mounts correctly as the santa fe rim has a smaller diameter hub.

Measure backspacing while your at it for a guess if you mount something like 235 70 16 / 225 75 16s if it will rub on sway bar.

Its reasonably common for generic rims to be a larger hub diameter to fit more "cars" so you may luck out. If they are factory hyundai rims then they might be the 67.1 that you mentioned.

If you can find the factory offest on that wheel it would also be helpful. Most KJ's can take between +44(tire kisses swaybar at lock) to +12(tire fully covered by flares) or so but as a function of tire diameter/width and if you have a lift or not (smaller offsets requiring more clearance inside fenders).

ONTHEPIPE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Apparently they are factory Hyundai rims. I passed on the deal and got some michelin x-ice, mounted on my stock renegade alloys tonight..... and in good timing cause we got 4" of snow this afternoon and its still snowing. Thx for the info, much appreciated :)