Howls and Trots in

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tremorwolf

Reaction score
Nice to see our Liberties are Represented somewhat (though not as well as their more classic Wrangler brothers)

So Finally i have a Jeep… Before i had a VW Jetta, and before that i had a 1995 Nissan Pathfinder XL.. Was an extremely capable off-road vehicle (can't stand what Nissan has done to the pathfinder name now) But i always wanted a Jeep… I have fond memories of My mothers two jeeps.. a Cherokee and a Wangler.. Use to love playing with my Transformers in the far back while my mother and sister listened to 80's music and sang along.

So here we are, many years later and i FINALY have a JEEP!.. Now i love off-roading, snowboarding, and just taking long trips down the old 101 California coastal highway blasting my music and relaxing. I got a 2005 KJ Renegade. 6 speed Manual 4x4.

I don't plan on to much in mods.. have some ideas i want to make it perfect. but will SLOWLY be doing these since i had to sell my Jetta and don't have a spare car anymore till i find me a VR6 or TDI

Ive taken my jeep on two light off road trips so far (stock) and found it MORE than capable so far. Took it for a long weekend in Barago, and then off to a show boarding trip at Bear mountain (love how it handed in the snow)

so this is what I'm looking to do

Replace the head unit and speakers with a touch screen head unit (after market Jeep style that fits in dash) and Polk Speakers

install heated seats

a 2-3 inch suspension lift

and a grill guard.

thats all i really think it needs given it has the tow package and about everything else stock. Though wouldn't mind squeezing a turbo charger in that sucker if they made one?

OH!. there is ONE more mod i would like to make.. on think i miss most about my VW is the nice dark blue dash lights!.. Jeep has that Light blue look, but some of the threads I've seen make it seem like i can buy LED lights in dark blue and make most of that change myself.

Hoping to post a lot here of my adventures!.. I love this jeep and plan on many many years of fun with it (yeahhhh i know thats gunna cost me money LOL)

also hope to see you all having just as much fun!

Attachments

• 75592_425874034165583_1654091639_n.jpg
    75592_425874034165583_1654091639_n.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 20

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice looking Jeep. Sounds like you have some big plans for her! :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum and nice Rene.

Dave

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
welcome! but i hate to tell you that the liberty cant handle a turbo. sorry to say but the horsepower you got is all your going to ever get. but the 3.7 isnt a bad motor

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome man! I got my wife a liberty in march this year, it's already 3 inches higher on meaty tires, and i got all the info and how tos from this forum. There's a lot of info here! Use it well! Ha ha

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the right color!:rocking:

I believe there is already a "how-to" for installing heated seats.
Hit up the Lift thread for advise on how to boost you up.

Welcome to the...erm...cult

Last edited:

Tremorwolf

Reaction score
darn :( WE MUST RISE UP AND DEMAND A TURBO!…….though the engine in it IS pretty SICK >3

Tremorwolf

Reaction score
I plan on it! thanks! this is why i was thing just a two inch suspension lift and tires :)

bdons_crd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has a turbo :jester:

Sent from My Porcelain Throne using Tapatalk