Howdy!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparky

Reaction score
I've been lurking as a guest for awhile now and finally registered. By way of a quick introduction my name is Mike. I race and restore old Porsche's and enjoy fishing, beaching, drinking, hiking, biking, skiing, and camping. I beat on old guitars and like the blues. My wife and kids keep me straight and on the right path. I recently sold my '05 Wrangler Sport and now I've got an '07 KJ Limited that I'm setting up for towing a tent trailer.

With all that being said on to the question:

I spent a portion of today installing the factory wiring harnesses (no overhead console) for the tow package as well as the heavy duty cooling kit. I'm wrapping up the install of my brake controller and wanted to know which of the 4 wires on the brake light switch is the right one to tap into? I see on several posts that the tan/white is it for the '05&'06 series is this the same for the '07?

I took several pics of the coolers as I was doing the r&r. What a huge difference in size! Once I get a place to host the pics I'll post them up.

My best,
Sparky

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would check it with a multimeter to make sure - I used the tan/striped one but tested it first.

After all my work installing the brake controller - I ended up buying a pop up without electric brakes.

We like all the same stuff - leaving for a backpacking trip this afternoon for 3 days with my wife and Jim Beam,Also we saw a porsche race at Lime Rock a couple of weeks ago while hiking the A.T. at Falls Village..

Sparky

Reaction score
2003KJ I'm in Central Mass.

adamkrz I was at Limerock last week running my 951. The tan/white tested fine with the multi meter. All hooked up and will test it out tonight in the driveway.

My best,
Sparky

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

2003KJ

Reaction score
Wouldn't mind seeing pics of the Porsche either...grew up around a lot of them, kinda have a soft spot for em :)

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Welcome and Good day from ******* rain British Columbia,Canada.

No more race track here, just million dollar homes in it's place! Got's a group N Rally Mini myself...Used to like to through it around a track, closes-ed one is either S.I.R. or P.I.R.
Too far to roll to in my wheel chair!:D