How To:(VIDEO) Change Transmission Fluid/Filter for 2002-2007 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job, Flair. Any issue with gasket material drying off on the interior pan edge, coming loose and floating around in the pan-fluid? I noticed you had some material kinda squeezed out by the gasket.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great video although I am not a fan of the yeys and boos because I had to constantly turn down the volume whenever they came on, because their vol was higher than yours and kinda startled me everytime they came on.. Otherwise, a great video. How many quarts did it take to fill it up just right? It sure looked like a lot of ATF+4 coming outta that ******.

Just curious, do other vehicles have a plug to drain the fluid?

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
You can always add a plug to drain. I did that with my ****** pan.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Good job. Enjoyed the video. WARNING: EATING OR DRINKING TRANSMISSION FLUID WILL KILL YOU. DO NOT DO IT. was hilarious.

This looks like a dealer job. Will NOT be doing this one myself!

Midgear

Reaction score
we need more instructional videos like this.. I'd make some if I had a video recorder eek2.gif

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks all. i didnt say in the video, but i wound up NOT using a gasket. i couldnt get it to stop leaking with the gasket on, so i pulled it back apart and just used the sealant. hasnt leaked a drop yet and that was last year when i filmed this video. just now got around to editing it and posting it up.

ild def recommend NOT using a gasket. sealant only seems to be better....for me at least.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great video although I am not a fan of the yeys and boos because I had to constantly turn down the volume whenever they came on, because their vol was higher than yours and kinda startled me everytime they came on.. Otherwise, a great video. How many quarts did it take to fill it up just right? It sure looked like a lot of ATF+4 coming outta that ******.

Just curious, do other vehicles have a plug to drain the fluid?

cant remember, but it was a lot. seems like 9 quarts iirc.....i might be wrong though.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice job, Flair. Any issue with gasket material drying off on the interior pan edge, coming loose and floating around in the pan-fluid? I noticed you had some material kinda squeezed out by the gasket.

as far as i could tell, no.