How to tell if the 100K mile service is done?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arcteryx

Reaction score
Hi,

I just purchased a 2006 Liberty CRD with 109K miles. The dealer did not have any records. How can I tell if the service has been done?
TIA,
-a

family KJ

JPOTM WINNER
Reaction score
I would just do all the 100k maintenance anyway, You never know if it was done correctly. I do not trust anybody with my libby;) .

arcteryx

Reaction score
I registered at lost, but still waiting to get approved. I tried to contact them at [email protected], but the email bounced. :( From what I read, others have had this issue too. Perhaps you/someone who has an account over there can tell them about this?

Then, I found this jeepkj forum. Wow! Thanks for the fast responses. It's nice to see informative and helpful people!

I will go ahead an get the service done. ATX, are you in Austin? I am. If so, can you recommend a good shop/mechanic for these in the central Texas area?

No pics yet. And the dealership did not have a chance to put them online before I bought it. I will ask the wife to take some tomorrow.

arcteryx

Reaction score
Additional update- one independent shop quoted 1600 for this, about $760 in parts. Does anyone know what the dealer would cost for this?

jsjjamessiler

Reaction score
A little late for the response but my local dealer was gonna charge me 990 for parts and labor, I looked at auto zone and for me to buy the parts myself it was only gonna be around 250 and labor alone was just over 600 the dealer about 100 mi from me quoted me 485 for just labor, I renter the timing tool and did the work with a couple friends got it all done in a weekend. I will say, if we had had all the right tools we probably could have had it all done in 6 hours. And don't not rent the timing tool, or buy it if you can afford it. It is worth it. I wouldn't risk the engine just because the tool runs 700 up front. It is an interference engine so getting one gear off even one tooth could lose your engine, its not worth. Get the timing tool, GDE rents them now and so idparts sells a kit to do it (not sure if their kit includes timing tool or not, I haven't looked just kinda noticed it skimming through the site). Get one if you do the job yourself, it is important.

Members online

No members online now.