How To: Rotate Your Tires (VIDEO)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is another vid guys. I know this is a simple thing and we all know how to do it, but I ran across a guy at work that didnt know how to do this or even how to change 1 tire. I decided this vid was needed:)

Thanks and spread it like butter if you like it.

How To Rotate Your Tires - YouTube

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video editing, but that's not the right way.
"This will work for all vehicles". That won't work on cars with performance directional tires. There, you cannot swap from side to side, only front to back on the same side.
Other cars have staggered tires; larger or different sized tires in back than in front. If those are directional tires, you can't rotate them at all. If they aren't directional, you can only rotate from side to side not front to back.
The idea of rotating the tires is to get the fronts to the back, and vice-versa. Your way in the video isn't doing that. I could go into a long winded description on the rest for proper rotating, but following this link is easier: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=43

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So short version without me watching 10 minutes of ......
how did you suggest doing it?

agb0244

Reaction score
Ok, this isn't about tires, but this is the how to part.
So, I tried to put in an amplifier with the factory radio. I took the front trim off, took the four screws out, slid the radio out, disconnected the cable and antenna from the back took it the rest of the way out. Next thing I know the interior lights and electric door locks stopped working.

agb0244

Reaction score
I checked every single fuse inside the cab and under the hood, they're all good and I can't find any reason for the lights and locks to stop working

agb0244

Reaction score
Also,.I put the radio back in and it doesn't work either

agb0244

Reaction score
I don't wanna pay out the ass for.dodge or jeep to fix it, I thought bout getting an after market remote entry system, that solves not being able to open the back hatch, but the interior lights will still be an issue.
So has ante else had this happen to them?

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your IOD fuse. Even if the IOD fuse looks good i would still replace it. THis just happened to me and put a new fuse in and it worked! This fuse is for your radio, interior lights and door locks. Also may want to think about starting a new thread for this next time and not hijacking a tire thread. Plus if someone else has this issue and this is the fix it will be easier for them to find it when searching.

Last edited:

agb0244

Reaction score
roger, problem is I can't figure out how to start a new thread

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice video editing, but that's not the right way.
"This will work for all vehicles". That won't work on cars with performance directional tires. There, you cannot swap from side to side, only front to back on the same side.
Other cars have staggered tires; larger or different sized tires in back than in front. If those are directional tires, you can't rotate them at all. If they aren't directional, you can only rotate from side to side not front to back.
The idea of rotating the tires is to get the fronts to the back, and vice-versa. Your way in the video isn't doing that. I could go into a long winded description on the rest for proper rotating, but following this link is easier: http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=43

well you are correct, ill put your thoughts in the vid description. thanks man, good catch.

Last edited: