How to reset "Perform Service" alarm on VIC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

woodingr

Reaction score
Greetings:

Got my 2004 Jeep Liberty back from my dealer for the 30K service. It was running when I got in it. Should have turned it off and restarted it like I usually do. The dealer did not reset the "Perform Service" alarm. How do you reset this? I don't really want to drive back to the service department just to get it reset.

REW

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
woodingr said:
Greetings:

Got my 2004 Jeep Liberty back from my dealer for the 30K service. It was running when I got in it. Should have turned it off and restarted it like I usually do. The dealer did not reset the "Perform Service" alarm. How do you reset this? I don't really want to drive back to the service department just to get it reset.

REW
Push the reset button.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Careful! I had a shaky hands syndrome once,8-[ I guess I was rushing.. and I hit Reset twice in a quick manner.. Ding Ding.. what?? Resetted everything... MPG, Trip time Counter, Trip mileage, miles to service, all that stuff! ](*,) so please just hit reset once at the screen what you want to reset..

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
hyedipin..thanks for the tip. I didn't know that if you hit the reset twice fast it would wipe everything to zero....have to remember that.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave said:
hyedipin..thanks for the tip. I didn't know that if you hit the reset twice fast it would wipe everything to zero....have to remember that.

I do that everytime I fill it. Its just so you do not have to go through each one and reset them. You all dont reset those everytime you fill up?

You must push and hold to reset the Perform service. Just did it on mine since i changed the oil. If you just push it twice, it will not reset the perform service mileage. You must be viewing that one and hold the reset button to reset it. O:)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
it will not reset the perform service mileage.

you are right, I just noticed it did not.

But did everything else, including mileage, mpg, etc..

I only reset the TRIP counter on the dash at every fill-up, I don't touch the EVIC mileage. Do you reset the Evic counter at ever fill-up? don't you think dash trip is easier (and they are not linked) so we have two trip counters.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hyedipin said:
it will not reset the perform service mileage.

you are right, I just noticed it did not.

But did everything else, including mileage, mpg, etc..

I only reset the TRIP counter on the dash at every fill-up, I don't touch the EVIC mileage. Do you reset the Evic counter at ever fill-up? don't you think dash trip is easier (and they are not linked) so we have two trip counters.

I reset both dash and evic. Sometimes I will reset the one in the evic at the beginning of a trip if I didnt get gas when the trip started. I like to see what my MPG is for each tank along with the time on that tank. O:)