How to remove the KJ fender fares without damage it pls?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FoxChung

Reaction score
My KJ was scratched by some idiots in the bonnet, front right side panel, left rear door, and rear-open door.

You must be registered for see images

For the front-right side panel with bolt-on fender - renegade version(see pic that I took before), The fender has no damage on it, but it need to take out from the side panel prior repaint. Could this bolt-on fender be removed from the panel without damage, and assemble later once the paint job is done?

Otherwise, can this fender easy be ordered from dealer or any Jeep parts store?

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to second this thread because i have to rip min off as well.

If no one has done it before ill make the HOWTO when I do it next week

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok, this may sound like a really dumb question, but for the renegades its not basically as simple as just removing the flare bolts?

I've been considering replacing my flares with renegade because i paint my them every 6 months. Figured it would be easier to remove/paint/replace renegade flares then regular flares, or tape up and paint (what i have been doing). If removing renegade flares is nearly as involved at removing regular flares or can cause damage, that would negate any advantage of the swap.

Members online