How to Remove/Replace the Grille...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have any manuals and haven't seen any "How-To's on here about this topic.

How does one Remove/Replace the front Grille on a 05 Liberty ?

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
simple. Open hood. clips over headlights and i think rad. Grille pops right off with no tools.
What do you need to pop it off for if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you need to pop it off for if you don't mind me asking?
Someone either bumped into the grille in a parking lot OR a stone got thrown (by a car in front) and put a hole (almost) in it. About the size of a golf ball below the right headlight.

I'm seriously considering making a Claim on it with my Insurance company. Should be covered under the Comprehensive part of the plan.

I've been looking around a bit On-Line and come up empty. It's an 2005 Rocky Mountain with the flat topped grille.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Someone either bumped into the grille in a parking lot OR a stone got thrown (by a car in front) and put a hole (almost) in it. About the size of a golf ball below the right headlight.

I'm seriously considering making a Claim on it with my Insurance company. Should be covered under the Comprehensive part of the plan.

I've been looking around a bit On-Line and come up empty. It's an 2005 Rocky Mountain with the flat topped grille.

have you tried searching for a Liberty Renegade grilles? They too have the "flat Top" grille and are more common than the rocky mountain.

You can find chrome grille for around $150 to $180. That way there is no painting required and

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you tried searching for a Liberty Renegade grilles? They too have the "flat Top" grille and are more common than the rocky mountain.

You can find chrome grille for around $150 to $180. That way there is no painting required and

X2. Renegades had the same grille. Also...it probably won't cost you more than your deductible. So insurance sounds like a bad idea to me...

Katmandu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..it probably won't cost you more than your deductible. So insurance sounds like a bad idea to me...
Pretty sure I have a Zero deductible on my Comprehensive portion of my policy.

Too many irons in the fire right now to get around to checking on it.

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, and I keep finding this type..... Most folks/sellers don't know the difference in the models.

You must be registered for see images attach

When I was searching for grilles the 02-04 liberty grille image was coming up as the stock picture for the grilles but if there an option to select 05-07 grille I'm sure you'll get the right one.

EDIT: I found this on autotrucktoys.com http://www.autotrucktoys.com/liberty/Mopar-OEM-Jeep-Liberty-Chrome-Grille-PRD19612.aspx

they use the sport/limited grille as the image for they have renegade grilles listed.

Last edited:

DankyDanko

Reaction score
This is a bit off topic to the original post but, I recently bought a 2004 liberty renegade and it has a chrome grill. There is ALOT of renegades in my area for some reason(they must have released as many renegades as sport models I think) they all have the grill the same color as their exterior paint like the sport model. the only models i see stock with the chrome grill is the limited which usually have the weird chrome door handles and stuff too. Mine is leather and has the stock 6 disc changer and stuff. Did it come with the chrome grill? Is it a replacement because I got the carfax and there was no collisions listed or body repairs.

DankyDanko

Reaction score
That's what it must be. Because I don't belive any of the stock renegades came with the chrome grill.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what it must be. Because I don't belive any of the stock renegades came with the chrome grill.

I've heard of dealers putting them on no-frills Liberties just to sharpen it up a little bit. Some people like the chrome enough to replace as well.