How to raise the KJ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's see if I get myself understood.

Where are to be put under the KJ the gummy bricks used to raise cars at the tire service bridge? Are there specific positions for them under the KJ or the KJ is not supposed to be raised in such way?

Thanks

tan's2002kjlimited

Full Access Member
Reaction score

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:D :D :D gummy bricks are very tasty :D LOL

Anyway I tried to describe what I see tire servicers use in Italy to lift up a car when servicing it. They put four bricks made of gum under the cars and then they lift the bridge (don't know if in english is called the same way) in order to have the tires and suspensions free while the car is lifted.

Can't find out if the KJ can be lifted the same way or if the frame could be damaged from such procedure.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've jacked up the rear and supported the "pseudo-frame" on jack stands. I'd *think* it's OK to do that, but am not certain. I can picture what you're saying, but I am not sure. I miss full frame vehicles!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about one of these:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I can't see it being a problem. The uni-frame can take the stress of being lifted on four points.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I was talking exactly of such items!!!...but I was not sure if the KJ could stand , like a normal car, the stress of a four points lift.
Thx Corwyyn

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rear axle and the front control arms is where you want to lift. Thats where mine is always lifted when its been lifted like that.

You could also use the area where the jack goes on the front and still use the rear axle for the rear.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
or right in front of the rear control arms or I have even brought all four wheels almost all the way off the ground under the ****** cross member

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if they are using a Hydraulic hoist the KJ will be fine using the rubber Pads to protect the frame when lifting

The KJ is like every other vehical in that respect mate

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok fouros, but where shoud I apply the rubber pads on the frame?

Latest posts

Members online