How to install Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD.

I have just bought four Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers to replace the factory-installed Infinity speakers in the front- and rear-doors.

Can someone give me step-by-step instructions on how the 6032cf speakers were installed in the doors? If you have photos or a YouTube video, that would be fantastic.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove door panel, unscrew speakers, Pull old one out, put new one in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to keep the factory amps attached to each OEM speaker

Do I need to relocate the amps so they don't slide around or interfere with the windows and damage the glass?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
uss2defiant,

The link doesn't show how the amps were relocated to the side of (or below) the speakers. Do you have a photo?

Gary

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gary... once you get the door panel off and remove your speakers, the pictures will make more sense and you'll recognize what is in them... you'll be like "Oh! So THAT'S what that was/is!"

You'll be good man. It can be daunting in concept only.. once you get in there, if you have any mechanical/electrical skill at all, you'll see. And if you don't, you will when you're done. :)

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: the last picture.

On the attached photo, I've circled what I think may be the amps (am I correct?)

The double-photos make it hard to see the orientation. Is your camera pointing towards the front of the doors with the windows at the top?

Attachments

• door10.jpg
    door10.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: the last picture.

On the attached photo, I've circled what I think may be the amps (am I correct?)

The double-photos make it hard to see the orientation. Is your camera pointing towards the front of the doors with the windows at the top?

Yes. that is the amplifier which you would need to remove from the old speakers.

This is just a guide, you can do whatever you like with installing the amplifier.

Just make sure the shiny metal side of the amplifier or the heat sink faces towards the inside of the door panel.
You must be registered for see images attach

If it's easier, i can just give you a call later in the day to go through the steps if that's more convenient. I know that sometimes it can be difficult to follow what we're saying though the forum.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always suggest using a crossover or low pass that cuts out any highs from getting to your new speakers. Good luck with the install!

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always suggest using a crossover or low pass that cuts out any highs from getting to your new speakers. Good luck with the install!

if i remember correctly, there's already a capacitor on those sony speakers as a low pass filter.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if i remember correctly, there's already a capacitor on those sony speakers as a low pass filter.

Right...but does it let the right frequencies through to the speaker? All things to take into account with audio. OP might be OK...but I guarantee those speakers have a different range than the stock speakers.

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The speakers have (finally) been installed!

Notes: The attached amps are only on the original front-door speakers). I mounted the amps directly below the holes for the front-door speakers (not in the bottom-corners).

Last edited:

gcotterl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the four OEM Infinity "premium" speakers with four new Infinity Reference 6032cf speakers.

The speakers in the front-doors (not the rear doors) have attached amps which must be unscrewed and relocated within the doors. Some links said to remount the amps in the bottom corners of the doors but I found that to be difficult so I just mounted the amps below the speaker holes.

The amps in the front-doors have a red (positive) wire and a black (negative) wire that connect to the respective terminals on the new speakers.

But, in the rear-door, there are two brown wires: The one with the blue stripe is positive and the one with the black stripe is negative.