How to disable horn chirp on door lock

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked around and found the directions to supposedly do this.

Hold lock button 4 seconds then hit unlock while keeping lock button pressed and then release both buttons. I have tried this methond and on my 07 it only shuts off the light flash, it does not turn off the horn chirp.

I would like to keep the light flash and turn of the chirp, anyone know????

KJ zGal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In your owners manual it should tell you the exact button sequence to do so. I don't know it off hand, but I know I've done it before, just playing around with it. I have an 02, so I don't know if anything changed with the programming for the 07s, but I"m willing to bet they're the same. I would just check in your owners manual.

offroadohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found the sequence to turn off the seat belt buzzer but not the horn chirp, I'll keep looking... All online info agree's with what I said int he first post, but that doesnt do it.

towmeKJ

Reaction score
Well, these are the directions I have in my 2006 manual.

Note: the horn chirp can be inabled or disabled (with in 23-30 feet of the vehicle by the following procedure:
1) Press adn hold the "LOCK" button on the transmitter.
2) Continue to hold the "LOCK" button for at least 4, but no longer then 10 secounds, then press the "PANIC" button.
3) Release both buttons.
4) Repeating steps 1-3 will restore the original transmitter operation.

So the book says, will try this today when I get back to the park and ride.

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've used the above procedure on my 06 and it worked.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I feel your pain... The 05 manual is misprinted. Should be "Panic" where it reads "Unlock". It appears that sequence works for 05 and up. Took me forever to figure it out, but now just silence and a wink!

Cheers,

Last edited:

a_ibrahem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello ,

I have tried it on my 2007 sport export ,and didn't work
Any other solution ?

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I feel your pain... The 05 manual is misprinted. Should be "Panic" where it reads "Unlock". It appears that sequence works for 05 and up. Took me forever to figure it out, but now just silence and a wink!

Cheers,

Hello ,

I have tried it on my 2007 sport export ,and didn't work
Any other solution ?

I don't know if there is a difference for the export version, but what Luke posted worked for me on my 2007. I went through the manual (Unlock = Wrong), then used "Panic" instead and it worked like a charm. :)

sstguy

Reaction score
Well, these are the directions I have in my 2006 manual.

Note: the horn chirp can be inabled or disabled (with in 23-30 feet of the vehicle by the following procedure:
1) Press adn hold the "LOCK" button on the transmitter.
2) Continue to hold the "LOCK" button for at least 4, but no longer then 10 secounds, then press the "PANIC" button.
3) Release both buttons.
4) Repeating steps 1-3 will restore the original transmitter operation.

So the book says, will try this today when I get back to the park and ride.
This does not work on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport

sstguy

Reaction score
I don't know if there is a difference for the export version, but what Luke posted worked for me on my 2007. I went through the manual (Unlock = Wrong), then used "Panic" instead and it worked like a charm. :)
Can you post the correct sequence. The manual does not say unlock. Manual says press lock for 4 seconds and then Panic and release. This definitely does not work on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport.

sstguy

Reaction score
Well, I tried it today on my 2006, and it work. Which is good that horn thing was making me crazy. Yes, I know does not take much.
What worked for you as nothing has worked on my 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport. 2 months of nutty beeping!

razor78016

Reaction score
Any new versions of disabling horn chirp upon door lock? I tried all of the above.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRBIII (or emulator) and go into 'customer preference' menu.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so dumb, so I figured it out. My key fob is faded and the characters are rubbed off...was pressing rear window release lol!
Did the hold lock for 4 secs, then press panic, works like a charm.
I was just trying to navigate a DVD menu and wondered why I couldn't click through the options properly. Once I turned the remote right way up it mysteriously started working right...

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DRBIII (or emulator) and go into 'customer preference' menu.
Are there any emulators available? I'd like to get my hands on one but all I can find is some dodgy looking Chinese site.

razor78016

Reaction score
I was just trying to navigate a DVD menu and wondered why I couldn't click through the options properly. Once I turned the remote right way up it mysteriously started working right...
Haha weird how it works mysteriously when things are upright.