how speed up KK and MPG

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeep1350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
anyone know if it's good idea to buy k&N cold air intake for kk let me know also want to know how get good gas MPG out this KK?

justhangin

Reaction score
I have the 77 Series K&N CAI and if I had to do it again I might not spend the extra money on the Stainless version since the other version (63 series is it?) actually gives you a bit more hp gain. As far as power and mpg, I got an increase of about 1-2 mpg, it doesn't die in the mtns quite as much, and it sounds pretty good. Look at the AEM BruteForce intake too as I have heard a lot of people like it.

cvt8474

Reaction score
The one thing I've heard with the K&N systems is that they're finding out the oil in the filters is actually damaging the mass air flow sensor. You may want to see how close the sensor is going to be to the filter.

XJ Man

Reaction score
New Liberty (To me)

Just Hanging, I see you have a JET Powerchip on your vehicle - any issues, improvements - they do not list the KK in their applications search on their website?? What did you actually get??

I have an 08 limited that ***** gas when cold and I think a chip may try to help the CAT forget to light off so bad (AKA run really rich). Once it warms up it does great (around 22MPG). Before warmup can be up to 6mpg worse..

Also does it reprogram the ****** (The shift points are driving me nuts on hills and I actually engage the tow button..)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just Hanging, I see you have a JET Powerchip on your vehicle - any issues, improvements - they do not list the KK in their applications search on their website?? What did you actually get??

I have an 08 limited that ***** gas when cold and I think a chip may try to help the CAT forget to light off so bad (AKA run really rich). Once it warms up it does great (around 22MPG). Before warmup can be up to 6mpg worse..

Also does it reprogram the ****** (The shift points are driving me nuts on hills and I actually engage the tow button..)
Any engine gets bad mpg's when it's cold,gotta wait till the O2 sensors reach about 600 degrees before it goes into closed loop for optimum mpg's and power.No chip,CAI,or anything else on the market will change that.It should only take 10-15mins at most before the O2 sensors start working.