How many miles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rolloman

Reaction score
How many miles would the average 2006 3.7L 2wd Liberty be good for before I sure be starting to worry about some kind of engine work such as timing chain, rebuild, valves, etc. ? I did regular oil changes with synthetic.
I need a reliable vehicle that I could jump in and travel 1000 miles in if needed without worrying. I am also open to the option of trading in for another jeep if that would be my best option vs a rebuild etc.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just doing regular oil changes is not enough,alos hav eto do regular changes on the trans,rear diff,apark plugs,air filter,PCV valve,coolant,brake fluid,and PS fluid.

No one can say it will run for 100k,200k,or even 300k.Take care of it and fix problems ASAP before they become big/expensive problems and any vehicle can go 300k easy.The timing chains will generally outlast the engine in a 3.7.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mines got 76k on it now with no issues at all. always keep my fluids changed and regular scheduled maintenance.

IsaiahBarnfield

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think mine has ever had a real tune up, just the oil changed, and I drive it 120 miles and back 120 miles every couple of weeks. I have 163,000. Only repair has been the front CV joint (only matters for 4x4). I would feel comfortable going on a long trip in mine. Unless something is obviously wrong or it just runs like crap, I don't see any reason not to take it on a long trip.

Paul M

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Us too...just got back from a 1600 mile run to AZ...no problems and we're now just shy of 100K...runs perfectly. Did have a head replaced at 90K due to a lousy weak valve spring design, otherwise no major repairs (other than normal service milestones.)

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I do tune-ups on mine like clockwork. Fluids/plugs/PCV valve/seafoam... all of it (normally) springtime every year. And then OCI's are between 3-5000 miles. My KJ has over 187K miles on it currently.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can never say or guess how many miles a vehicle will go BUT if you keep up the regular maintenace then you have a better chance.
My 04 has 170,000 and I'd drive it across the country tomorrow if I had to. I had a 70 Bronco that had over 150,000 on it when I drove it from Ohio to Florida back a few years ago. Never had an issue.

Latest posts

Members online