How many miles on the OEM tires?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had 40 scary thousand miles on my Wrangler HP. Keep in mind, they are supposed to be far better than any other crap they did put on Jeeps in 2003. I still remember sideways slides on ramps and curves, and hops on wet roads.. It drove like on ice when it got a little wet outside.

Mine came with the HP's also. They were scary for me too. I think they were worse than the SRA's. They were especially bad on wet roads, and lousy in snow, and off-road, and I took mine off when the jeep was still new and just put A/T's on.

Dave

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our LTD came with Eagle SR-A's and the sucked for about 10K
one fine rainy day I decided I wanted this handled
I took it to the dealer right at rush hour and asked a service righter to take a ride or have some one show me how to get the KJ out into traffic when it rains
confused he said he would do it
and when he took off and found him self looking back where he cam from ,spun 180*
he decided something was wrong
but the techs could find nothing
so they brought it to good year
they called me and said "the problem you have is that Eagle tires are made for cars and wrangler tires are made for trucks ,you put the wrong tires on this Jeep"
I told him to put it in righting ,and he did
later that day the co-owner of the dealer got the letter from the service righter
I gave him a copy
the next day I was getting "any tire that goodyear sells that will fit your Jeep"
ATS was in stock and MTR was 30+ days out on a 225/75
both were sold to the dealer for $220 each so it did not matter to me
I needed tires and the ATS's were installed
for a cost to me of $0

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Our LTD came with Eagle SR-A's and the sucked for about 10K
one fine rainy day I decided I wanted this handled
I took it to the dealer right at rush hour and asked a service righter to take a ride or have some one show me how to get the KJ out into traffic when it rains
confused he said he would do it
and when he took off and found him self looking back where he cam from ,spun 180*
he decided something was wrong
but the techs could find nothing
so they brought it to good year
they called me and said "the problem you have is that Eagle tires are made for cars and wrangler tires are made for trucks ,you put the wrong tires on this Jeep"
I told him to put it in righting ,and he did
later that day the co-owner of the dealer got the letter from the service righter
I gave him a copy
the next day I was getting "any tire that goodyear sells that will fit your Jeep"
ATS was in stock and MTR was 30+ days out on a 225/75
both were sold to the dealer for $220 each so it did not matter to me
I needed tires and the ATS's were installed
for a cost to me of $0

That's pretty cool...:)