How do I un-dim my radio lights?? (not a trick question)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

l8rdood

Reaction score
I have the 2004 Liberty Limited. As I was driving it, I was feeling around the radio and my hand was covering over most of the radio. Anyways, I somehow made all the lights on the radio and clock go real dim-to the point in daylight you cannot see it while driving. The dashboard lights are fine but it is only in the overhead counsole and radio.
Has anyone ever had this problem? How do you un-dim them? No mention in the manual how to fix. Please help if you can, Bill. :-s

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the left stalk, there is a small knob that you can rotate. You will want to twist that away from you to increase the brightness. It is included in the same stalk as the headlamp controls and has a little lightbulb printed on it.

*EDIT: However, after rereading your post, it sounds like only the radio is dimmer. Is the EVIC dimmer as well?

l8rdood

Reaction score
The actual dashboard lights but not the radio or EVIC? as you mentioned. This all happened as I did something to the radio.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well....I would try the knob, but if that doesnt fix it, I have no idea what would cause that. Personally, I'm not aware of anything on the radio that would cause the brightness to change, unless there is a wiring issue that just happened to reveal itself while you were messing with it.

dnm45227

Reaction score
i think the lights fade or brighten (can't recall which, and it's too cold to go check) when you turn on the parking/headlights, maybe that's the root of the problem.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unhook your battery for a few minutes. This should reset settings to default and your radio will have normal brightness. However, if it is a wiring issue it may not work.