How do I remove dash panel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chillbilly

Reaction score
I have an irritating vibration sound from the small dash panel just to the left of the steering wheel. Can someone advise me how to remove it so that I can apply some insulation under it to get rid of the buzzing? This is on a 2005 Liberty. Thanks!

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Start by pulling the little circle trim from the oh shit handle - there's a screw that lives under there that has to come out first. Requires a torx bit. Once the handle is out of the way, you'll see more screws... the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I have an irritating vibration sound from the small dash panel just to the left of the steering wheel. Can someone advise me how to remove it so that I can apply some insulation under it to get rid of the buzzing? This is on a 2005 Liberty. Thanks!

Just to the left of the steering wheel?
The little rectangular gray trim panel above the knee bolster?
If that is what I am thinking...
You can pop that off with a small flat blade screw driver.
If that's it, stuff a bit of paper between the clip and push it back in.

If that don't work, then just accept the fact that you own a Jeep and
they make little noises from time to time!

deliciousdaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too, I always had to push really ******* the flimsy piece of plastic by the vent. I just took some foam and shoved it in there.