How can I improve my 2wd Liberty’s off road ability?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
New game: Who can keep their Jeep the cleanest (and scratch free) off road. :D

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I got quite a few organic pinstripes already. :D

I used to - that buffer I got from Harbor Freight last fall made short work of the 95% of the nature-made pinstripes. :D

It's like starting over with a new canvas! :cool:

loves_off_roading

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys thanks for the locker idea. I think I'm gona do that.

TBJ, Yeah I know I might get shot but I love the thrill :D

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this might be an old post but i hate for somebody to act that you cant off road just bc they dont have a 4wd. well buddy i think that if jeep makes it then its a jeep buddy but however i have a 2wd and love it so ppl that thinks this way dont have an open mind and correct me if im wrong but like wasnt some of the first jeeps 2wd? just my .2

Sure if Jeep makes it then it is a Jeep
but if it has 2wd it is made for the street other wise they would not make 4wd would they
now if you want to go and destroy your 2wd then that is your business
I will not let you even try to follow me because there is no way your Jeep
will make it out
and the first Jeeps were 4wd ,they needed to go off road

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Sure if Jeep makes it then it is a Jeep
but if it has 2wd it is made for the street other wise they would not make 4wd would they
now if you want to go and destroy your 2wd then that is your business
I will not let you even try to follow me because there is no way your Jeep
will make it out
and the first Jeeps were 4wd ,they needed to go off road

Well im just tellin ya buddy. Ill take MY jeep anywhere i DAMN please to.Locker or no locker, bald street tires or no bald street tires. bc i know what i have went through with my 2wd and street tires.

ericautopart

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see how a 2wd liberty can follow a 4x4 anything in ACTUAL wheeling. It's just not going to happen. You hit sand and you are stuck. High center, mud, snow, etc. A 2wd is good for fire roads. It's not a bad thing, it's just the truth. A locker will be helpful but won't get you out of most situations. You'll just dig your rear end in deeper with both tires spinning which will in part get you more stuck than you were before.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
TBJ, Yeah I know I might get shot but I love the thrill :D

Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but if you try that kinda crap in Ohio, you WILL go to jail.

ThunderbirdJunkie's dad has sent more than a couple field-destroying buffoons to jail for tearing up his property.

And, again in Ohio, they are well within their rights to whoop the shit out of you, and set your Jeep on fire where it's buried in the mud.

Running through fields is not cool, and very illegal.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with taking a 2WD vehicle, Jeep or otherwise, off road as long as you're not doing it alone (bad idea with any vehicle) and you know what you can and can't get away with doing. Hell there were cars "wheeling" before there were 4x4's.

Warren.fischbeck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't know how it is in your neck of the woods, but if you try that kinda crap in Ohio, you WILL go to jail.

ThunderbirdJunkie's dad has sent more than a couple field-destroying buffoons to jail for tearing up his property.

And, again in Ohio, they are well within their rights to whoop the shit out of you, and set your Jeep on fire where it's buried in the mud.

Running through fields is not cool, and very illegal.

Totally agree. You're messin' with someones $ and that is never cool.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If I catch anyone 4 wheeling on my land, They get stopped , and asked politely to walk out and the vehicle is dragged away and locked up until the Sheriffs department gets there. I have removed (3) 4 wheelers from their owners and a Chevy pickup so far.

So if you come on my land........ bring walking shoes!
Bragging about it just shows how smart you are

Sorry but I can't stand people who have no regards for others property. I have had to plow and disc up enough fields from idiots playing and having fun at my expense

Shoot first ask questions later

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I catch anyone 4 wheeling on my land, They get stopped , and asked politely to walk out and the vehicle is dragged away and locked up until the Sheriffs department gets there. I have removed (3) 4 wheelers from their owners and a Chevy pickup so far.

So if you come on my land........ bring walking shoes!
Bragging about it just shows how smart you are

Sorry but I can't stand people who have no regards for others property. I have had to plow and disc up enough fields from idiots playing and having fun at my expense

Shoot first ask questions later

You guys don't have to post your land with 'no trespassing' signs to keep people out?

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Signs don't keep people out.

Gates don't keep people out.

Guns, police, and leaving a guy's half ton Dodge buried up to the hood in the creek do...