Hotmanali back to the jeep thing!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hotmanali

Reaction score
Hey guys (and Gals), So i just turned in my Infiniti FX35 (lease) and upgraded to a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited 4x4. :)

I have had jeeps and other trucks before so i'm not new to the concept of 4x4's and already having some fun.

Bought the car for 5K since it was parked in the High Desert for over a year and untouched. Rats ate lots of wire and tubing along with firewall insulation. I spend about $100 in parts and got the thing running again with no more check engine lights and it runs amazing.

Already ordered up a TerraFlex 2" Budget Lift and 5 245/75R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO's. I'm looking at changing the Radio and adding the EVIC in the headliner ASAP along with hand making a roof basket (Toyota FJ Style) and removing the factory roof rails as soon as i find out what the weight limit for the roof is.

Also if anyone sees a use ARB front bumper (any color) for a KJ please let me know as i just might be ready for that soon.

Hope to get to know you all soon enough.

Ali Baba

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats

But uh
Somebody needs to have a talk with you. You didn't get a car ;)

tommudd may have an ARB bullbar for sale soon :) He's our Ohio resident parts *****.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

Good luck with the ARB bumper... a half dozen others are looking for the same thing...including me:D But you stand a better chance on that coast of getting one....shipping is usually a killer for me. Enjoy the site.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Congrats

But uh
Somebody needs to have a talk with you. You didn't get a car ;)

tommudd may have an ARB bullbar for sale soon :) He's our Ohio resident parts *****.

I am shocked at what you wrote :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sell my bumper NEVER, well maybe someday , or sooner or

Plus his Teraflex lift will never hold up an ARB on that "car" :rolleyes::D:D:D:D

Oh welcome to the site!!!! What color is it? just don't say blue!!!

hotmanali

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

haha... thanks for the welcomes guys......

Well one thing at a time. Right now i just want the height till i decide what i'm going to do with suspension... I'm really tempted to converting to a solid front axle.

And no it's not blue... Brown to match the mud i'm getting on it :)

hotmanali

Reaction score
So i installed the 2" TerraFlex kit and even though it took 5 hours and having to not only disconnect the upper A-Arm i had to completely remove the lower arm from the vehicle to do the install.

Anyways.... I was able to stuff BFG All-Terrain T/A KO's with a whopping size of 265/70R16 and damn am i happy. I get very minor rubbing but totally livable. I even got my tire chains adjusted for the snow.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice Jeep and welcome to the site. There is a lot of good info on here.

Why do you need chains? I have driven through 26" of unplowed snow without chains.

Dave

hotmanali

Reaction score
:eek: headscratch.gif

Why?

The problem was not that nothing fit it's that the strut would not attach at the lower arm as it was hitting on the frame and drive axle. It was a mess. Don't think i have ever had such a hard time installing a lift in my life.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think you need a lesson on doing lifts :D
They are very easy to do on a Liberty, never have to take off the LCA at all, even loosen it.

hotmanali

Reaction score
I think you need a lesson on doing lifts :D
They are very easy to do on a Liberty, never have to take off the LCA at all, even loosen it.

I've lifed 3 jeep wranglers, 2 chevy silverado's (01 & 05), Level kits then lift install on a suburban, performance suspension on an Infiniti FX, and not to forget a complete custom suspension designed by yours truly on an 04 silverado. I swear it was a nightmare and even a friend of mine who was an engineer was shocked by what we had to do.

Either way it's all over and done with and i'll post a pic of it today. Looks amazing and those tires stuffed under there look great. Can't wait to play in the mud :)

Does anyone have any idea though of how i can add stops for the spindle so i don't turn as far? The only thing i can think of is to weld a piece of metal to the lower arm but i want something adjustable.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
No spindle stops, but you could always beat and hack away at the offending material impeding the travel of the tire ;)

hotmanali

Reaction score
No spindle stops, but you could always beat and hack away at the offending material impeding the travel of the tire ;)

I thought about that too.... I might as well seeing as i want to eventually put an ARB front bumper on and it would go anyways. Just hate to chop away till i know for sure.