Horn Chirp sounds "sick"?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that when i use the keyless entry to lock my doors, the horn chirp now sounds a little "sick", or weak... The car still cranks over just fine without hesitation, and the horn itself is loud and clear. Seems to only be the locking chip, and started yesterday.

it's a 2006 Liberty Sport, just turned 25k miles yesterday.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
I noticed yesterday that when i use the keyless entry to lock my doors, the horn chirp now sounds a little "sick", or weak... The car still cranks over just fine without hesitation, and the horn itself is loud and clear. Seems to only be the locking chip, and started yesterday.

Problem in bold.

It's depressed because you call it a car.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The chirp comes from the "Jeep's" horns, so the battery is probably a little weak.
Charge the battery overnight on a trickle charger and then load test the battery.
Maybe time for a new one, but you won't know until it gets tested properly.

smcbride11

Reaction score
There's also two horns, high and low. If the battery checks out okay, you may find that you've just lost a horn.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Have you washed the undercarriage lately? Mine was like that after pressure washing it down. Dried up in a few days, all is well.

Midgear

Reaction score

Problem in bold.

It's depressed because you call it a car.

ahahaaaa.. almost lost my orange juice. just the size of "CAR" in your reply tbj. t'was funny.

birdtail

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL TBJ! my apologies.

Well its been really rainy here as of late and I've been flying through a few puddles. Saturday was borderline storm for us and I was up to my underbelly in water for most of the drive home :O

Ill see what happens when it dries up and get sunny out!

Members online