Hoppy 4 way harness on 06 Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chadlyt

Reaction score
So i procrastinated long enough and after buying it 6 months ago, I went ahead and installed the Hoppy 4 way (from e-trailer) i had ordered for my 06 Limited. IT took all of 10 minutes...

everything worked great, and I had an old hitch tail light deal i inserted in the hitch just to make sure the wiring worked. Yup, just fine....until...

I hooked it up to the snowmobile trailer (just bought a couple of sleds and a trailer) to take home. Everything worked fine until i was 15 miles from him (39 miles one way trip) and I looked back and I had no running lights on the trailer.

Upon further review, It was the parking lights on the libby and the trailer that were out. The 10amp fuse had blown. the blinker and brake lights were just fine...I changed out the fuse and left on the light for 10 minutes...and it blew again.

What exactly do i need to check out? My ground is solid, no problems there. connections have been double checked...Am i going to have to opt for the MOPAR version of the harness? that would suck...

Last edited:

chadlyt

Reaction score
and so i sign off on another forum that looked promising.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk why not one posted. Anyway, are you sure there isnt a problem with the lights on the trailer? Me thinks if the fuse isnt blowing until the trailer is hooked up then something is getting shorted out on the trailer, not the wiring harness you installed.

Jeger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like jeepster said: Probably nothing wrong with the harness. Make sure you have the correct type bulbs also. A bare wire can be hard to find and will blow fuses at any given time. Good luck.

Latest posts

Members online