Hood interchangeability

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

Probably a dumb question, but just wanted to make sure. I wanted to make sure all of the KJ hoods are interchangeable. Are the 02-04 the same as the 05-07? I know the 02-04 fenders, bumpers, grille differ from the 05-07 but as far as I can see, the hoods look similar. Am I misguided in this regard?

I found a nice hood for my 05, but it's on the earlier model front end and just want to make sure it fits before purchasing it. I know there were a couple years (05 and 06?) Renegade that had the flat grille/hood, in which case they will not work. But other than that, are the remainder of the KJ hoods identical?

Thanks!

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. 02,03,04 are the same. But different from the 05,06,07. Also the grills, front fenders, and Flair's are different between those years.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good thing I asked then. I knew the grilles, fenders, and flares were different between tbe two. But as far as my untrained eyes could tell the hoods looked really similar. If you don't mind me asking, how are the two hoods different? Now I'm curious to know where/how the two are different, so I can add to the knowledge bank. Thanks for the reply.

libordemise

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always just strip your hood down and cover it with bed liner. At the very least its a good conversation piece

Sent from my LG-K210 using Tapatalk

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hoods are pretty much the same, it's the later Renegade hood that's the weirdo.

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put an 03 hood on my 06. Bolts up perfectly.

Great. Always good to get first hand experience. So it bolts up and lines up perfectly to the 06 front end? You can't tell any differences between the two?

The hoods are pretty much the same, it's the later Renegade hood that's the weirdo.

When you say "pretty much" does that mean there are some slight differences to them? From looking I could definitely tell the later Renegade hood was clearly different, so that was a no go, lol.

I found a hood here locally off of an 02, I just want to make sure it will line up with all the 05 front end pieces before I spend the money and time to go get it. I would hate to spend the money to find out it doesn't fit right.

Latest posts

Members online