Hood idea

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done some very cool things, at very little cost, and saved time by making things out of other things. You might consider picking up some existing louvers, scoops, etc, that you can cut, bend, reshape, attach to each other, or modify in some other way to make something original. And think outside the box too. Old aircraft sometimes have some neat vents for example.

You put that perfect, it's all outside the box thinking!lol From a cheap libby hood I picked up on CL to all the other vents, louvers, few diff cowls from messed up hoods. Work has been nuts but I saw a hood on a CAR today that might look good with parts I want from it. As stated I have few ideas and one that i think is pretty good. Time will tell!

olecowpoke

Reaction score
I prefer the blackout look to the louver look but that's just me. But if you wanna go for a different kinda look here's a photo shopped concept design I ran across when I started my liberty concept project.
I like THAT look. I have an AutoCAD design of a thru hood snorkel for my CRD (Diesel), which comes straight up thru the hood from the OEM filter box, (offset to the passenger side) with a swiveling air scoop, sort of a ram air scoop for dry weather, but it turns backward off road/low speed to keep water from splashing over the hood, durectly into the filterbox. I used the OEM filter (KN replacement) and filterbox which I sealed (then added a dump valve just in case) to prevent water intrusion when water rises under the hood during our many water crossings in Florida....I can also extend the snorkel high above the hood, with a simple extension, if necessary for water.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online