Hola!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good Afternoon guys and gals I came back for another visit. Things with the Jeep have been awesome. We had two encounters one with a Ball joint going out and the other just replacing tires other than that still running like a champ.

However I have 3 questions:

1. First oil change is coming up. What should I expect? Do places charge more for 4x4? Ive heard rumor they did but I wasn't 100% sure if it was true or not.

2. Im not sure if this is a Jeep thing or not. But setting 1 on the climate selector is like MIA :( It doesn't ut out ANY air what so ever. Is this a blower motor? If so how much and how hard to replace?

3. Rattle noise (Accessory Pulley or Tensioner) sounds like its making a winding noise in the front. Im not sure what it could be. Ive been looking but can' tell what it could be. Everything functions perfect but something doesn't sound right on the front of the motor up there.

Thoughts?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
1. Oil changes are no more expensive on 4x4s. A transfer case has nothing to do with an engine.

2. The blower motor is fine. The blower motor resistor is blown. Easy fix.

3. Can't help ya there. :(

NVMY03GT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Oil changes are no more expensive on 4x4s. A transfer case has nothing to do with an engine.

2. The blower motor is fine. The blower motor resistor is blown. Easy fix.

3. Can't help ya there. :(

1. Thats a good thing - How often does the fluid for the transfer case need changed? My Father in law keeps saying some other fluuid needs changed??

2. Where is the resistor/How much is the part and how do I go about replacing

3. DOH!!!!

2003KJ

Reaction score
3. Use the ole mechanics stethoscope trick...take a piece of PVC pipe, hold one end up to your ear, and the other around the engine until you can pinpoint exactly where the noise is coming from...just don't get too close to the moving belt on that running engine.....might not end so well for you :eek:

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1. Thats a good thing - How often does the fluid for the transfer case need changed? My Father in law keeps saying some other fluuid needs changed??

2. Where is the resistor/How much is the part and how do I go about replacing

3. DOH!!!!

2. The part is less then $20 at the dealers, and it is located behind the glovebox. search on here there is a how-to posted on how to replace them.

Latest posts

Members online