High & low beams together?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skidplate

Reaction score
I have a "bright box" on my truck that allows the low beams to stay on when I go to the high beams. I've tried an internet search for the same item for the Liberty but I can't seem to find anything. Does or has anyone here heard of something like that for ours? It really makes it nice to drive with the low beam fill.
Thanks

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only pull half way on the stalk and you'll get both. otherwise I'd assume you'd have to custom install (which I wouldnt think would be very hard if you figured out what inputs were needed) the box from another vehicle.

Skidplate

Reaction score
That's how I figured it would be nice to have the same bright box in it as what's in my truck. I'm thinking the lamps should be the 9007's and if that's the case I think what I have would work. I was just wondering anyone has done that mod.

BoeserBlick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SRotblat said:
only pull half way on the stalk and you'll get both. otherwise I'd assume you'd have to custom install (which I wouldnt think would be very hard if you figured out what inputs were needed) the box from another vehicle.

You can do that but you run the risk of blowing the bulb or shorting out a fuse, IMHO. The KJ's bulbs are a dual filament bulb (same as WRX). They weren't really designed to have both filaments lit together. I would get auxiliary lights mounted if you want more lighting.

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
100% agreed, secondary ligths would be the route I'd take (and will be) but that didnt answer the posters question \:D/

Skidplate

Reaction score
I've been running that setup on my '96 for that last 8 years with no issues and it's a dual filiment. I was just wondering if anyone here had tried it. I plan on adding aux lighting but this is a quicker fix until I can get the others done. Thanks for the replys...

Skidplate

Reaction score
That's the one. I'm thinking that as long as the plug in is the same there shouldn't be any problem using the same one as on my truck but I'll send them a quiry and see what they say. Thanks

uvalax236

Reaction score
Looks like a great idea! If you get it to work...Let me know how it works and if it destroys the lights. I might be up for this mod!

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I word of caution on using both beams together. I already had to replace my drivers side headlight, because I was holding the stalk so both filaments in the bulbs would stay on and the bulb actually exploded, causing the light fixture, to become cloudy inside. It was under warranty, so luckily I got it replaced.

But also these were not the stock bulbs, I think they were some cheap bulbs or something I had laying around the garage, but now I am running silverstars.

Bennett

Skidplate

Reaction score
he Brite Box is cool and extremely easy to install. If you want to save some coin you can build it yourself for next to nothing. (Keep in mind its not exact but the principle is the same).
http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/hibeams.html

The other forum I hit (thedieselstop.com) also has the instructions on how to do it but I'm holding out for the real thing...They're supposed to get back to me when they find it. Brite Box say they think they have one for the Liberty they just don' know where it's at .

sbelkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the bright/low beam thing last winter with my work truck and sure enough blew both bulbs before I got home. ](*,)

[-X Don't do that, especially in a snow storm!!!