high flow cat question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I found this magnaflow high flow cat on ebay. This should work on my liberty correct? 2.5" pipe I believe... seems like a good idea.. what do you guys think?

Ebay Link

Bennett

gsbrockman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your KJ has less than 80K on the odometer, you'll probably have a little difficulty getting it changed out, as all vehicle manufacturers have the 80K emissions warranty.
Greg

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
I was just gonna do it my self... I ordered it so I'll take pics when I put it in.

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
The 2002's have 3... 2 precats and then a 1 big cat.

I am just replacing the downstream cat (the big one).

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Bennett is there an O2 sensor behind the rearmost cat? I know there should be some behind the foward cats, just wondering how DC set these up................can't tell by looking at mine (biggrin)

Trodo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about 02's but 04, 05 should only have 4 o2 sensors. 2 just past the exhaust and 2 past the cats.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Bonehead said:
Hey Bennett is there an O2 sensor behind the rearmost cat? I know there should be some behind the foward cats, just wondering how DC set these up................can't tell by looking at mine (biggrin)

Nope, its just after the precats... SO technically it wouldn't matter... However the cat I am putting on is actually cleaner than the factory one and more efficient... It's rated to work in California, so that kinda says something.

Bennett

Bonehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
Nope, its just after the precats... SO technically it wouldn't matter... However the cat I am putting on is actually cleaner than the factory one and more efficient... It's rated to work in California, so that kinda says something.

Bennett
Thats what I was wondering because on the LS1s when we ran hi=flow cats we still had to run O2 simulaters to keep the computer from throwing codes, just as if we had removed them all together. Thats what the rearmost O2s are for, just to make sure the cat are doing their job for the OBDII system.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
It has shipped and I have the tracking number and its coming Friday!! So excited.. hehe, but I'll get pics of it as soon as I get it all mounted up..

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Look what I got!!

You must be registered for see images

Bennett

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
uvalax236 said:
How is it doing? Any increase in mpg? Do you have an aftermarket muffler?

Improved throttle response, not so sure on mpg it probably does help a little... Magnaflow muffler... but both of these sure do improve mpg.

SavageSS27 said:
does it matter if you get a round one or an oval one, air tube or no air tube?

Um, not really sure to be honest... the one I got works good. Search ebay for "MagnaFlow Catalytic Converter 2.5" HF FS"

Latest posts

Members online