Hic-ups up and down hills.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Jeep runs normally, but soon after starting it, say 15 minutes. The engine seems to jitter, or studder. Seems to happen more when I'm either going down hill high in RPMs in 4th gear, or going up the hill with low RPMs. I couldn't decide if this was a motor or transmission related problem, however the tach does drop when it start this behavior. No check engine light, but it does do this every time.

I've been to afraid to take it on any long trips since its started doing this so i dont know if it gets worse or quits later on.

any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

-T

Last edited:

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The rebuilt motor has less than 10,000 on it. ~ I was assuming it could be a vacume issue as the Jeep has the same power as normal, aside from this weird issue. I'll have my over priced dealership check it out next week. = ( (if the valve doesn't do the trick)

Treyz02KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a Core-Exchange rebuild. But I was forced to buy it at 88k on my old motor. Something to do with cheap heads, (bent valves), Yes Valves. 2 valves bent. (Aeh)

had spark plugs, filters, fluids and grease all changed not 2 months ago ~ didnt replace the fuel filter. maybe thats it too?

I have lots of money to spend this weekend it seems.