Hi! New member here ... with a question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zoombox

Reaction score
Hello forum!

Finally decided to join this forum site officially, so, yay!

Quick background on me ...
Have always had my driver's license since I could first get one ... just never had a vehicle.
This past December, I decided to get a vehicle.
I narrowed my search to a couple of choices ... top of the list, though, was an 08 or newer Jeep Liberty.
My very first test drive: a black 08 Jeep Liberty Sport
My 2nd test drive (happened the same day): a blue 08 Jeep Liberty Sport
Both were priced out of my range.
A week or so later ... got wind of another blue 08 Jeep Liberty Sport ... test drove that ...
Made the egregious mistake of hemming and hawing about going ahead and getting it (it was for a good price) ...
It got sold right out from under me ...
That dealership was awesome though, and literally, the next day, they tracked down another 08 Jeep Liberty for me, a black one ...
Only main problem was that it had a little oopsy-dingy in the rear right bumper ...
But ... upgrade me ... it was being offered for the same awesome price, low mileage, and best part yet ... it was a Jeep Liberty LIMITED with the navi!
I jumped on this one!
Best decision ever!
I love, love, love my Jeep Lib!

So, that's me and my story ...

Now then, I have a question for the forum ... I'm sure, the first of many ...

It's kind of a tricky one ...

RE: The MyGIG HDD radio ...
Weirdly enough, the previous owner of my Lib left their mp3s on the HDD ...
Weirder still, I actually like the songs! But ultimately, I'd like to be able to put my own mp3s on the HDD too.

So my question is this ... is there any way possible to safely remove the previous owner's mp3s - not to delete them, but to actually keep them?

I've searched around on this forum and some other Jeep forums about this very topic, but to no avail. I even went to the "unofficial" MyGIG website, but not really coming up with anything of use.

So, what say you folks here?

Thanks!