hi lift jack

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. My stock jack took a shit and ill be lifting my libby this weekend so ill need a hi lift. I dont really want to buy a new one so im reaching out to my kj county family. Pm me a price and location info if you have the goods (looks over shoulder in a sketchy manor) im in nj. Ideal situation would be to pick it up but i may pay for it to ship if its worth it

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a TSC store they carry hi lift and a farm brand of jacks. Might be cheaper, new over used and shipping.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about going there. Its about an hour drive. Maybe ill head that way this weekend. Ill check out a couple flee markets too and maybe the winter swap meet close by

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not yet im guna have to figure something out. I was looking at some things on line and it seems they have some systems that use straps as a lift point. Or maybe this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/683398/2002-jeep-liberty/page-7

I dont have the cash for sliders and i really dont want the extra weight of steel bumpers. Especially since i just ordered a lift that isnt rated for extra weight like that

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
I would certainly make sure you had some way to lift with a hi-lift before buying the jack. Otherwise you're going to need it and not be able to use it. :(

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
It's by one of the long-time members of LOST... so I'm assuming it works.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. Its worth a shot... i can get the materials for free so if it ends up being a flop in not really into it deep

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tsc has one for 60 bucks. I may have to see what kind of trails are near the store. The jack alone doesnt really justify an hour and a half drive to the PA border

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a hick so there are tractor supply stores all around me:).
I have an old scissor jack that I use, and stock jack. But I have to carry some 2x4 pieces.I also have bottle jack. I've wanted a hi lift just never got one.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha thats convenient. Im pretty sure this is the only one in nj, if not def the quickest to get to. I figure the hi lift will suit me good. With the proper rigging you can use it as a come along if you dont have a winch. The one i was looking at it rated for 7k lbs pair that up with a good chain or strap and a couple shackles it should get me out of most mess' i would encounter.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a hick so there are tractor supply stores all around me:).
I have an old scissor jack that I use, and stock jack. But I have to carry some 2x4 pieces.I also have bottle jack. I've wanted a hi lift just never got one.

TS stores all over here in Upstate NY too so I guess we are NY Hicks here. (there's also a lot of farms around here)

They have a farm jack over there that looks just like a "High Lift"...but not sure if is that brand. Saw it last time I was there but wasn't paying that much attention. I'm carrying 2 jacks now and blocks of wood also.

Dave

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of the time name brands mean nothing to me. As long as it can lift my pig in the air and keep it there its good with me

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not yet im guna have to figure something out. I was looking at some things on line and it seems they have some systems that use straps as a lift point. Or maybe this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/683398/2002-jeep-liberty/page-7

I dont have the cash for sliders and i really dont want the extra weight of steel bumpers. Especially since i just ordered a lift that isnt rated for extra weight like that

I'd just buy another regular type jack that will work then
Also that thing you linked to to use is OK when on completely flat ground if not its not so good
Again with out rockrails / steel bumpers I'd go a different direction

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd just buy another regular type jack that will work then
Also that thing you linked to to use is OK when on completely flat ground if not its not so good
Again with out rockrails / steel bumpers I'd go a different direction

Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.