Hi all, please read

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Or would you rather:
You must be registered for see images

(bowdown) Nice kit! I was looking into an electronic kit(Yamaha) but am not sure about the amp I need. Besides, right now there's no fun munny for me right now.

Oh yeah...let me at them. It wouldn't take me too long to learn a few songs. (banan-hit)(band2) just need to learn the changes.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score

HUH? poke.gif

Luke's Recipe for Hearing Loss

1 part TAMA 7 piece drum kit
Add 3 xtra Roto toms
Sprinkle with a healthy portion of Zildjans
Add Rush on 11 via big ASS early 80's headphones and FTW
Bake in the skull of a 12 yr old kid who knows everything for 3 or 4 years
add 10 years of gig-ing in only the finest *cough* establishments
and Voila!

*oops forgot the Cow Bell

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
...eh??

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
HUH? poke.gif

Add 3 xtra Roto toms
and Voila!

jk BTW

I was thinking of the Rogers commercial.:p

Yeah Rush would be one of the first things I would try and learn...then as I progressed ...Godsmack and such. rockon.gif

I was a band geek in jr. high, went into it to play drums but the sh#tty school I went to only had 1 snare drum and a cymbal......wow!! and ten others wanting to play too....so I took peepwall.gif 3 years of Trumpet. :( I still want to learn to play though.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh Nooooo ... he's turning Canadian!

You guys must be rubbing off on me.......I must be too close to the border. I am starting to get a Flench Canukian accent....eh??:D

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
jk BTW

I was thinking of the Rogers commercial.:p

Yeah Rush would be one of the first things I would try and learn...then as I progressed ...Godsmack and such. rockon.gif

I was a band geek in jr. high, went into it to play drums but the sh#tty school I went to only had 1 snare drum and a cymbal......wow!! and ten others wanting to play too....so I took peepwall.gif 3 years of Trumpet. :( I still want to learn to play though.

:D I'm not bitter

I was very lucky that my school(s) had good equipment and awesome teachers.... and that my Dad played. My high school music teacher played sax with Neil Young!

You can do it! I am teaching my 15 yr old daughter right now... it's all about repetition, getting your brain to make your hands/feet do want you want them to ... and stickin' with it!

As funny as it sounds (and I would not suggest this for any other instrument) if you want a cheap way to find out if you want to invest in a good set try RockBand first. It is a blast and the rhythm nature of the game can actually be beneficial. It is no substitute for proper training but it can help improve your rhythm.

Cheers and rockon.gif

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

We are not to happy with the way certain threads turned from informative to 'lets bash each others heads in'.

If you feel the need to insult, threaten or otherwise be offensive to others, please go mow your lawn, have a beer or play a game until you cooled down.

We were hoping this day would never come on JKJ Country but here it is:

The next one that doesn't follow our advice an keeps up this childish behavior can go stand in the corner for a while, just like they do in kinder garden. In other words, you will get a temporary time out.

Thanks, JKJ Mods.
I always thought it was 'kindergarten'...

HUH? poke.gif

Add 3 xtra Roto toms
and Voila!

*oops forgot the Cow Bell
Sam's recipe for hearing loss? Simply walk into Coast Guard cutter engine room at flank speed. DEAF BY 40!

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I have a line on a decent first gen Yamaha electrics...just don't know what amp I need to make it sound the way I want.

$350 will have them in the back of my KJ and in my apt. Only 1 cymbal, but I could reprogram a drum head for ride or another crash.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: