Hey Guys... having a really troubling engine Issue..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johniebravo

Reaction score
2002 KJ, 198,021 Miles, new ****** with 40K on it, alternator, radiator, fuel pump,radiator fan, injectors, and fuel rail. Currently showing Engine Codes, P0352, P0455,P0442,P0302, and P0202. I put new injectors and coils in it several months ago but even with that and the other parts associated with it the codes wont go away... I may need a new ECU... which could very easily cost me a G.... SO we will see how long I keep this little guy.. I love the KJ, it handles really well on and off road! The ****** I put in had 40,000 on it, and only cost me 300$ on Craigslist! I bought the jeep for 1100 needing all of this work, and after doing it all I got her running again... I just need to get this damn ECU issue looked at.. So what should I do?? My engine wont go above 3,000 RPMs, and runs really rough.. I have cleared the code myself with my tuner and it runs a lot better for a VERY short time, then the light comes back on and it "retards" the engine again... A shop looked at it and said it was just the injector.. then they came back and told me that it was probably the ECU... anyone replaced the ECU in their KJ?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think a few people have, do a search on here, someone just recently did it. Thread should be in the first few pages here. If you can't find it I'll find it.

Logan Savage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the pcm in my 05 . Driver in PCM for # 4 injector was bad . You can buy a plug & play PCM off ebay . The first one I received was also bad but they sent me another one which works fine .