Hey Eddo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Browsing this forum and the L.O.S.T. board I've discovered your front diff brace. There was some discussion about collars that wouldn't require machining, but I never saw what the final outcome was.

Also, do you know of any diff failures to date that have occured with the collar installed?

Any information you could help me with would be greatly appreciated. Trying to bulletproof the Liberty, so it'll be a dependable trail rig to take the entire family wheeling!

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, as far as I know I am the only one running the collar re-inforcement. I know Jeepin Al has something similar put on. Neither one of us has had a failure. However, I know I drive with a light foot so that probably helps more than anything else.

I know there was talk of getting one the correct size, but never saw it followed through. I wasn't really that difficult to re size the one I had, but you would probably need a grinder and dremel tool.

As far as dependable trail rig. Well I've never really had any problems with my KJ. Beats the crap out of my CJ in terms of reliability on the trail. My opinion with the front diff is that it is not as some people make it out to be. It will break if you are not careful, but if you know it's limitation I think you will be fine. Almost every one that has broken was cause by excessive wheel spin and all of a sudden catching of high traction terrain. The shock load is what kills it. The two cases I have seen was one where there front tires where off the ground spinning and came down. The second was when the rear broke and the front started spinning and finally caught on some grippy rock. There have been other cases of failure under different circumstances, but I don't know much about them.

Mutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you have the McMaster-Carr pn handy? Also, previously you had posted that you had some information on your website, link?

Thanks, I appreciate all the help.

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60665K61 on mcmaster-carr

The website is down but didn't have much info anyways. Just some pictures, that I could send to you if you like.

Latest posts

Members online