Here's My Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
OH and its one thing that none of my wives ever saw, always stayed in the garage .
Of course none really cared that much as long as bills paid I could do with what I wanted !

Yup, the garage is where I also keep my "maintenance folder" as I call it. It is with my old fashoned paper MOPAR shop manuals with the greasy fingerprints on them....LOL

Dave

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yall sound like the kinda people That are good to know! It always helps to keep records,took me a while to realize that but saves so much time and thinking when I can just thumb back through my records.

I like the people selling stuff that say the engine or trans just rebuilt!!!! No paperwork of any kind cant remember the name of the shop but it was done and done recently. some I have no doubt have had an engine or trans put in them from a wrecking yard or god knows where.Pretty easy to tell by the hack job done!lol I like to not let on I'm mechanically inclined and listen to some of the stuff people say. It really can be amazing the lies that can be told! Then start dropping a little knowledge and watch their faces change! I usually do that to so called "mechanics" who would lie to anyone to sale something. Oil change places are fun too!!! Long story there but holy crap. I know not all are bad but dang some sure are.

I do have my oil changed at the dealership on my truck since I bought it new there. Just for records sake and warranty. Wife's too. I've been lucky with dodge house in Frisco,they are pretty stand up people there.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got some time today so maybe I can the tires put on the wheels! I have pile of parts the liberty in the front living room of our house! lol No room in garage to many bikes. Time of year is here to sell a few. They will all go except my harley! That stays.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I have these wheels mounted up being that I'm running 15's should I have the weights mounted in front or back. 4" bs. Gotta see what the pro's recommend!!!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
When I have these wheels mounted up being that I'm running 15's should I have the weights mounted in front or back. 4" bs. Gotta see what the pro's recommend!!!

From an old tire guy ( worked in and managed tire shops early part of my life ) I spin balance and have weights on both sides .

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to buy vehicles that needed work, repair them and sell, so keeping a file on each one was important. Plus just always liked to see what I had in one, used to have a list of people who were ready to buy my DD's when any of them was for sale since they knew whatever I did was done right and the parts used was the best, no cutting corners. Example, one guy bought all 3 of my early Broncos over the years . LOL The 32 Ford went to a lawyer, he came to look at it, I handed him the file and he handed me cash, said no use driving it since I can see how well built it is. But of course had to take him out and show him what the blower actually did ( for power ) :gr_grin::gr_grin:

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to buy vehicles that needed work, repair them and sell, so keeping a file on each one was important. Plus just always liked to see what I had in one, used to have a list of people who were ready to buy my DD's when any of them was for sale since they knew whatever I did was done right and the parts used was the best, no cutting corners. Example, one guy bought all 3 of my early Broncos over the years . LOL The 32 Ford went to a lawyer, he came to look at it, I handed him the file and he handed me cash, said no use driving it since I can see how well built it is. But of course had to take him out and show him what the blower actually did ( for power ) :gr_grin::gr_grin:

I like this post ! Especially the last sentence!

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update..... Wheels and tires are on the Libby. I suck with pictures but I'll get figured out. Keep in mind, I still have to install the JBA uca's and JBA struts. Ordering those this week. Back pitch project slowed me down a tad. I will say from the day Betty pulled up a few weeks ago until now is drastic change. Yes as of now it's still on the day star.

Plan there is I'll wait till JBA struts come in and then replace everything again all at once. This time adding lower ball joints. (moog) already have JBA lifted uca's. I'll also go ahead and order cv axels since these are original. This all front suspension related. Think I should go ahead and order brake lines from JBA? If you don't see the pattern, this is mostly gonna be a JBA parts build! Lol.

I'll move the back later and dump the lift spacers and go with springs and new shocks. Possibly the JBA 4 link. Why not right! My sons gonna have one baddest Libby's around in this area! I've decided to just go crazy with it. Straight axle would be nice but that's way in the future. If at all. this his daily driver after all and that would require a little down time.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pics

Gonna try this posting some pics out. Here we go. Oder they should go in.
1. Day we got her home
2. After daystar 2.5" lift
3. After summit 15x7 w/4"BS
Well nevermind. Tried doing it from phone and I guess pics are to big. Guess I need to download them to the computer and try it that way. I don't have a photobucket and normallly can do through phone. I'll email them to someone if they wouldn't mind putting them up for me. If not give me a while till I get home so y'all can see the progress so far. Thanks guys. And sorry about.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
...I'll email them to someone if they wouldn't mind putting them up for me...
I'm going out for a little while (it's 5:30 pm EDT here). If you still need it you can email them to me. I'll send you a PM. ;)

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going out for a little while (it's 5:30 pm EDT here). If you still need it you can email them to me. I'll send you a PM. ;)

Thanks for the help bud. I'll work on my pic loading skills. Sent ya an email!

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
These are TAT's pictures:

1. As we got it

You must be registered for see images attach

2. After 2.5 daystar spacer lift.(that is leaving!)

3. After wheels and tires!

Last edited:

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First off I want to say thanks to PROFDLP for posing those up for me! I really appreciate that you did that for me!

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOVE IT TAT !!!
I mean its black, best color there is !

Hey that means a lot to me and my son! Black always looks good just hard to keep clean! lol Its a jeep it will rain and clean it right off!lol It did change quite a bit in a short period of time! Add a lift one or two people stopped by the house and ask about it, add the tires and wheels and man!!!!! I bet 10 people have stopped and ask about that Liberty!lol Sure makes my buddy sick to see it when he comes down or drives by!

So, now we pretty much know how it will sit, now I just gotta get the new stuff installed! I'm feeling way better and finally over the strep so I'm back working like crazy! It will get done though!

I hope ya'll enjoy the before and pics and I will be sure to take plenty as we switch everything out to JBA stuff and post the pics myself!!!!!

Thanks,
TAT