Here's My Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So long story short, I picked up a 2002 libby sport 4x4. Put on a daystar 2.5" lift. My JBA upper control arms should be here tuesday as well as my moog lower ball joints. I scored a helluva deal on some 30x9.50 15"s Cooper stt pros. Brand new tires for 300 bucks for all 4! Can't beat that deal right! So I'm just gonna order me a set of Cragar soft 8"s 15x7 with 4" bs.

Also when I installed the lift i went with new struts and all that good stuff since everything was original. I do realize now i could have spent a little more and went with a different lift set up. Oh well whats done is done and if i really dont like it I will just change it all out for a better lift.

I do realize a lot of people run 15's and for the deal i got om the tires I dont mind going the 15" route. Does 15x7 with 4" bs seem like the best way to go? I've done a ton of reading on here and it seems like a decent combination.Just wan to double check with the pro's before I hit the order button! Also,do yall like the chrome centers better or the black center caps better? I'm on the fence so any input would be great. Look forward to hearing your guys and gals input! Was kinda thinking of going with a diff brand center cap cause some of the other look better. ok, that's it. Sorry for the short story! lol

Thanks,
TAT

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So long story short, I picked up a 2002 libby sport 4x4. Put on a daystar 2.5" lift. My JBA upper control arms should be here tuesday as well as my moog lower ball joints. I scored a helluva deal on some 30x9.50 15"s Cooper stt pros. Brand new tires for 300 bucks for all 4! Can't beat that deal right! So I'm just gonna order me a set of Cragar soft 8"s 15x7 with 4" bs.

Also when I installed the lift i went with new struts and all that good stuff since everything was original. I do realize now i could have spent a little more and went with a different lift set up. Oh well whats done is done and if i really dont like it I will just change it all out for a better lift.

I do realize a lot of people run 15's and for the deal i got om the tires I dont mind going the 15" route. Does 15x7 with 4" bs seem like the best way to go? I've done a ton of reading on here and it seems like a decent combination.Just wan to double check with the pro's before I hit the order button! Also,do yall like the chrome centers better or the black center caps better? I'm on the fence so any input would be great. Look forward to hearing your guys and gals input! Was kinda thinking of going with a diff brand center cap cause some of the other look better. ok, that's it. Sorry for the short story! lol

Thanks,
TAT

Order up some Teraflex bumpstops as well from JBA, will help that spacer lift last a little bit longer .
Did you do new springs or just shocks all around
As far as wheels not all 15 inch work but most soft 8s do
chrome center caps rust in short time it seems
15X7 with 4 inches of backspacing work great

GunnerSchenck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me personally, the color of the center cap would depend on the color of the jeep.. black, red, light blue, light green I'd go black.. silver, dark green, maroon, dark blue I'd go chrome..
But that's just my personal opinion, and it may not line up with others opinions on it.
I read the part about realizing you could've spent more money on a different route..but my question is, why put money into a spacer lift and JBA control arms instead of an OME lift without having to buy JBA control arms?.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great replys everyone. I did get the terra flex bump stops also. I ordered the soft 8's from summit a little bit ago and went with Black rock 3.3 bore center caps. This is my 15 year old sons first vehicle so we are having a ton of fun wrenching on it. Hell buying the stuff is just as fun! I ordered complete new struts and rear shocks. Figured that would get us rolling and we can go from there. Basically I disassembled the new struts when the came in and installed the daystar lift. That way when we were ready to put on the lift it was a more pull parts and install parts kinda deal. Been a real fun project and as normal I tend to go way over board! lol Oh well. I got some wrenching time in with my son thats priceless and its a nice change from the normal LS conversion I'm doing or building bikes. I can see it getting way out of hand quick! lol Thats the nature of the beast right. I'll get some pics up once i get them on the computer. It already looks way better than we got it. Thanks again for the responses and look forward to being on this site for a long time to come. No one told how addicting these libbys were!

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me personally, the color of the center cap would depend on the color of the jeep.. black, red, light blue, light green I'd go black.. silver, dark green, maroon, dark blue I'd go chrome..
But that's just my personal opinion, and it may not line up with others opinions on it.
I read the part about realizing you could've spent more money on a different route..but my question is, why put money into a spacer lift and JBA control arms instead of an OME lift without having to buy JBA control arms?.

Just is what is bud. I let my son do a lot of the looking for parts he wanted to go with the daystar. I should have done a little research myself but hey, If we wanna change stuff we can and that means I get more time wrenching with my son! I'm not mad about it!!!! I do like the OME stuff I've looked at for sure and as my wife says,'Y'all just have fun spending time together" That I am doing for sure! It's never to late to change up the suspension a little later on either.

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts have been arriving! Really excited about that but since the "PLAN" has now changed Guess I'll be waiting for more parts.Should have just started with all JBA stuff and been done with it. Poor daystar lift never did anything wrong and its already getting the boot! Guess there will be some brand new struts for sale with a daystar lift installed on them and rear spacers and shocks. Maybe they will find a good home.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Parts have been arriving! Really excited about that but since the "PLAN" has now changed Guess I'll be waiting for more parts.Should have just started with all JBA stuff and been done with it. Poor daystar lift never did anything wrong and its already getting the boot! Guess there will be some brand new struts for sale with a daystar lift installed on them and rear spacers and shocks. Maybe they will find a good home.

Some Facebook KJ owners think spacer lifts are just the ticket ! LOL

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've read some people love them and never have problems with them. I should have done more research and went the route I'm gonna go now. The JBA struts might be put on hold for about 2 weeks so i can build the back porch my wife has been wanting but hey its only two weeks and shes really been wanting backporch for awhile. So have I too, Hopefully concrete will be started tomorrow on that lil project and I can back on the liberty! It will Get JBA struts though. Already in my head to do it. I'm hard headed that way! lol Plus my son will have badass liberty!

This aint no facebook Liberty. lol Its gonna get wheeled pretty hard when we have the chance. I'm all about using my stuff! Too hard sometimes if that's such a thing! lol. At this point with upgrades planned now I told my son I would pay for those. He did buy the daystar his self and was there for every bit of the install. I have a feeling the JBA struts are gonna go in a little easier than the struts with the daystar spacers in them! lol

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
How much did you got 2002 libby sport for ? I had similar plan to still shopping around

Really doesn't matter what anyone bought theirs for, different areas, different times of the year, all very different answers.
My 03 I have about 2/3s of what I paid for it tied up in lift/wheels/tires/skids/bumpers etc
well maybe more like over 3/4s now I think about it, wasn't counting my rear bumper

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much did you got 2002 libby sport for ? I had similar plan to still shopping around

Lets just say it was good deal! Good friend of mine was the original owner till I bought it 2 or 3 weeks ago. something like that. They had bought new vehicles and he always wanted to lift it and do everything my son and I are doing but his wife would never let him and she wanted it gone. So we made a deal. A good one! I'll just leave it at that. lol

As stated above different regions,time of year all have to do with pricing. I'm in texas and they seem to go from 1900-3500 seems common.Some are way higher cause they 10k original miles and look brand new. I would look for one that's clean overall and has been serviced regular. Thats a big deal. If the vehicles trashed and looks like its been neglected it probably has. Good deals are out there just be patient and look. AND i cant say this enough, be ready for that good deal. MOst good deals wont wait for you to get money together for a week.lol

I know this way off topic from the thread its self but weigh the price versus what needs to be done to fix it. I've seen good deals not be so good after fixing all the stuff my friend or employees didnt notice when they bought it. Hell I'm guilty of having done that myself when I was younger. If some things need replaced so be it. Theres a reason to buy badass control arms and struts and the list can go on and on. Make a solid plan and do research. If i would have spent 2 hours looking on this sight I wouldve saved a little money by not changing some things I just did to the libby. Oh well, as I've said before more time to wrench with my son. Plus now he's even ask If he could work for me this summer some!!!! Score. Told him 10 bucks an hour and his exact words were "Looks like we will buying some more stuff the Liberty!" Rant over and I went way off topic, so back to the normal pattern of the post! lol

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really doesn't matter what anyone bought theirs for, different areas, different times of the year, all very different answers.
My 03 I have about 2/3s of what I paid for it tied up in lift/wheels/tires/skids/bumpers etc
well maybe more like over 3/4s now I think about it, wasn't counting my rear bumper

I keep a folder/notebook on all builds I do. I try not to look at it though after a certain point!:happy175: That way though if i ever sale it I can prove everything that's been done. Oil changes as well. Plus it helps me keep up with what I actually bought for what. My brain confuses sometimes!
Pobody's Nerfect!:happy175:

TAT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And so everyone knows, Wheels,center caps, and lug nuts have all been received!!!! Need to go get the tires mounted up!

tsolararal

Reaction score
I keep a folder/notebook on all builds I do. I try not to look at it though after a certain point!:happy175: That way though if i ever sale it I can prove everything that's been done. Oil changes as well. Plus it helps me keep up with what I actually bought for what. My brain confuses sometimes!

+1 Very Good Idea

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Same here, from day one of ownership I have everything wrote down, receipts saved etc
Thats what I liked when I bought the 03 couple of years back , the original owners gave me a huge folder, every oil change, every time they got gas with mileage, even when they got the last tune up and the local mechanic put the wrong plugs in! LOL

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score

Same here, from day one of ownership I have everything wrote down, receipts saved etc
Thats what I liked when I bought the 03 couple of years back , the original owners gave me a huge folder, every oil change, every time they got gas with mileage, even when they got the last tune up and the local mechanic put the wrong plugs in! LOL

And I thought I was obsessive/compulsive or something and the only one that did this.

Since I do all my own maintenance and it is the only way I can tell what I did and when and how many miles ago, etc. I don't keep track of the gas though unless I am on a trip though. My folder is pretty thick now, haha.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

OH and its one thing that none of my wives ever saw, always stayed in the garage .
Of course none really cared that much as long as bills paid I could do with what I wanted !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.