Hemi in a JK!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw that lookin for jeeps for someone I work with...that things insane

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanna see some real wild Jeeps,go to burnsvilleoffroad.com.The guy will put a CRD engine in a TJ for you,a 5.7/6.1 Hemi,or even shoe horn in a Viper V-10(for like 54,000).

If I had that much cash laying around doing nothing I would get a JK and have pleanty of gas money left over, and take the top and doors off and drive around - both on and off road...........yup.....in a heartbeat.

I know......I'm sick.

Dave

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That TJ is about 5 miles away from where I'm sitting right now. The guys at Burnsville Off Road are really good at what they do. The dealership I go to, Park Jeep, frequently has B.O.R. modify brand new Jeeps for Park Jeep to sell at a premium. Kinda cool!

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A WK SRT8 has a base price of $41,000, & that is track ready not trail ready. By the time you modified that WK to a level that came close to what that JK with the SRT8 motor already is you'd probably be close to a draw financially speaking. With that being the case, I'd personally prefer that JK.

But I don't have $57,000 burning a hole in my pocket, so it's all academic!sad2.gif

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Auction ended, and I think the person who bought it is someone I know!
Maybe I'll get a chance to tell you guys how awesome it is!

06Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to get the SRT8 to get a HEMI, you can get the 5.7 HEMI in a "regular" WK. Either way, it's out of my budget.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't have to get the SRT8 to get a HEMI, you can get the 5.7 HEMI in a "regular" WK. Either way, it's out of my budget.

You DO have to get an SRT8 to get the 6.1 liter Hemi that they put in that JK:D

Last edited:

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe not, but to make a proper price comparison, you'd have to compare it to the SRT8. A standard 5.7L Hemi WK is still ~$36 K, that only saves about $5,000. Additionally, you can't get a Rubicon WK either... I'd still go with the Modded JK... If I could!

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You DO have to get an SRT8 to get the 6.1 liter Hemi that they put in that JK:D
Naahhh, those things are popping up for sale all over, both complete junkyard pulls, crate and short blocks. I'm waiting just a little longer, then maybe I can scarf one for my Ram.

kjpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I want to do in a couple years is get a used 4 door JK Rubicon & a salvaged 5.7 Hemi & do the transplant myself. Should be able to do that & a decent lift for $20K to $25K. It has to be easier than doing a SFA swap on a WK!;)