Help with Moab Wheel Decision 04' Limited Lib

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RobAll

Reaction score
Pics for reference, driver's side has Moab wheels, passenger has stock wheels with 1.5' spacers
2006 CRD
21.5" front
22.0" rear
245/75r16 Goodyear Duratracs
Pinch weld hammered, slight trimming of the bottom of the bumper cover, no rubbing

Attachments

• IMG_0412.jpg
    IMG_0412.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0413.jpg
    IMG_0413.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0414.jpg
    IMG_0414.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 31

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pics for reference, driver's side has Moab wheels, passenger has stock wheels with 1.5' spacers
2006 CRD
21.5" front
22.0" rear
245/75r16 Goodyear Duratracs
Pinch weld hammered, slight trimming of the bottom of the bumper cover, no rubbing
21.5 ?? Looks more like 3 plus than 2.5

RobAll

Reaction score
21.5 ?? Looks more like 3 plus than 2.5

Good eye, Tom. Had the measurements reversed...22.0" front, 21.5" rear. OME CRD HD springs were used...forgot the specific spring part number. Additionally, I think I had installed two spring isolators in the back with a strut spacer up front...Frankenlift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good eye, Tom. Had the measurements reversed...22.0" front, 21.5" rear. OME CRD HD springs were used...forgot the specific spring part number. Additionally, I think I had installed two spring isolators in the back with a strut spacer up front...Frankenlift.
790 front OME springs for a CRD
Almost as high as you can go on a CRD due to the front diff
After you have lifted a ton of KJs you can tell if one is sagged and how much or lifted and how much LOL

Briggs

Reaction score
UPDATE: I ended up moving to Dallas and now I drive mostly highway. (meh) Here's my new Michelin Defenders 255/70/16 with a little rub on front inside fender. I could cut out the inside wheel well plastic and seems like that would fix any rub, but the rub isn't all that bad. U-Turns mostly. The back bump stop isn't close to be an issue.
OME lift with 926/947 springs, wish I would have gotten 927s. JBA control arms. Rides good with these and nice and quiet. Found the Moab Wheels for $325 for 5, happy with that.

Attachments

• Jeep 1.jpg
    Jeep 1.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 15
  • Jeep 2.jpg
    Jeep 2.jpg
    287.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Jeep 3.jpg
    Jeep 3.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 15

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a really good thread about pounding over the pinch weld at the back of your front wheel wells. It is probably where you are rubbing on turns, and this will eliminate it. Pics are gone in the thread but great description and discussion are worth reading. I’ll see if I can find pics of the process somewhere else.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread has some pics of the pinch weld. The process they use to bend it is good (bent, NOT cut) because it preserves the integrity of the unibody. However, they didn’t heat up and re-use the black plastic wheel liner as described in the first thread. It will look stock if you do it that way, instead of hacked up.

mercdudecbr600

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I ended up moving to Dallas and now I drive mostly highway. (meh) Here's my new Michelin Defenders 255/70/16 with a little rub on front inside fender. I could cut out the inside wheel well plastic and seems like that would fix any rub, but the rub isn't all that bad. U-Turns mostly. The back bump stop isn't close to be an issue.
OME lift with 926/947 springs, wish I would have gotten 927s. JBA control arms. Rides good with these and nice and quiet. Found the Moab Wheels for $325 for 5, happy with that.
What did you end up doing with the chrome OEM wheels?

Latest posts

Members online