Help with franky QUICK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Starting loosening up the passenger tie rod nut, cant get it tightened, the stud spins too, how do i bring weight on it like the upper bj so the stud doesnt spin when i tighten the nut?

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ya got to put weight on that stud some how. Either jack the lower control arm up, or drop the truck down to the ground(with tire on of course) this should load the balljoint and keep the stud from turning. BTW are you using hand tools or air tools, like an airgun?

AbsoluteRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On the end of the stud there's a little hex...hold it with a second wrench.

( how do you like that, I don't even know what the original question was :D AbsoluteRene probably got trouble getting his UBJ of.)

Nope, I used a hammer, I just couldnt remember how to put load on the UBJ, til I said "well, if there was a tire on" and then jacked up the rotor and said "duh" but then there was the whole tie rod. I'll try the hex, but I dont have a wrench that size. I'm using air tools, my mechanics set, torgue wrench and my high lift to the front hitch, jack stands, and then a little 2 ton i use to lift stuff into place. also the strap for the clevis fork worked GREAT!

Latest posts

Members online