Help! What kind of engine do I have?!?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know this seems like a silly question, I know I have a 3.7 V6 but I am sending in my oil sample and it wants my engine make and model. Will someone please let me know how I find this out so I can send this in? Paaalleeeaaase! (angel)

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2006 Jeep Liberty 3.7
Usually make and model refer to the vehicle.

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hhmmm, strange that they would ask for it twice. At least I now 3.7... I know the boy's wrangler has an ax15, do I have something that sounds like that?

I'm really fine with not putting all the information on the form, if they really need more info they can call or email me, but I would still like to have it complete when I mail it off if possible.

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything you didn't need to know about it (via wikipedia):

Chrysler PowerTech 3.7 L V6

It displaces 226.0 cubic inches (3701 cc).[1] The bore is 3.66 in (93 mm) and stroke is 3.57 in (91 mm). It is a 90° V engine like the V8, with SOHC 2-valve heads. It utilizes a counter-rotating balance shaft mounted between the cylinder banks to deal with vibration problems of the 90-degree V6 design, as well as use a 30-degree split pin crankshaft to fire the cylinders every 120 degrees. Output is 210 hp (160 kW) at 5200 rpm with 235 lb·ft (319 N·m) of torque at 4000 rpm.[1] It has a cast iron engine block and aluminum SOHC cylinder heads. It uses SFI fuel injection, has roller followers, and features fracture-split forged powder metal connecting rods and an assembled reinforced plastic intake manifold.

WesChapman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left that part blank on my form and it didn't matter. I think that section is for heavy trucks, where the truck manufacturer and engine manufacture are different. i.e. International 9400 truck with Caterpillar C15 engine.

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 3.7 V6 is a 4.7 V8 minus 2 cylinders but with a longer stroke. This is why I think a 4.7 conversion would be reasonably easy with the right matching computer setup.