Help the new girl!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nclibertygirl

Reaction score
ok I have a 2008 liberty and it seems to have become possessed!! I got out of the car and tried to lock it but my clicker wouldn't work. I assumed it was a dead battery in the key so I bought a new one but still nothing. I can turn the switch and the lights come on but it won't start. My battery was changed 3 months ago. Its not like a dead battery. It almost seems like the ignition is disabled. Does this make any sense???

nclibertygirl

Reaction score
I only have one key. I went back with tools and unhooked the battery then reconnected and it started right up but now I'm concerned about what caused the issue

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the key isn't recognized it won't start. So it could have rebooted when you unhooked the battery.
Keep use posted if you have more trouble.
I would get a second remote key, I got 3 with mine. Plus I have a key just to unlock the door.

nclibertygirl

Reaction score
I'm wondering if the battery ini he key died and the alarm needed to be reset to work right again. make any sense?

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibly I don't have an alarm.
My neighbor just had a dead battery on his car, rear wiper motor is draining it. Electronics are always fun.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that you are fixed and happy you should stick around. We have other ladies here too. You could go over to the intro section and introduce yourself and show us a pic of your Jeep.

Dave

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that you are fixed and happy you should stick around. We have other ladies here too. You could go over to the intro section and introduce yourself and show us a pic of your Jeep.

Dave

Really you let women in?;)

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^thanks for the back-up, Luke..:happy160:
:icon_mrgreen:

Dave

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
:happy175: .. I think you missed an "o" ... lmao ... unless?

Not that there's anything wrong with that I'm sure Dave is as cute as he is friendly :D