Help please.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pt420

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jeep liberty limited I replaced transmission tranfere case, front dif.,the throttle body, ignition coils, spark plugs,y pipe cats, all 4 O2 sensors, PVC valve, crank case vent tube, evape.purge Canister, evaporator detection pump, fuel pump, sshifting solenoid, crankcase position sensor, cam shaft position sensor, egr, output speed sensor, inputs peed sensor, and all 4 abs and I get these codes c1032, C121C, C102B, U0002, U1418, P0935, P0406, P1745, P1746, P0305. I still an not get a good idle and the P0305 misfire after replacing all spark plugs and coils I got this code for cylinder 3 brad new replaced it with another and now this, replaced the shifting selonoid because all of a sudden it wouldn't shift rpm would just go up and up after replacing it it is still doing that been replacing all these things to stop and get my idle back to normal and start shifting smothly through the years. I had put a new ecm in a plug-n-play they said hahaha shit that turn all my lights o including airbag so put old ecm back in my light that went back out was airbag ABS BAS traction cntrol and check engine light stays on and the check engine light will intermittently falsh after l did all this, a lot of this was done to end this. At my Witt's ends on this. Any idea what do from her, please help. Thank you.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Jeep liberty limited I replaced transmission tranfere case, front dif.,the throttle body, ignition coils, spark plugs,y pipe cats, all 4 O2 sensors, PVC valve, crank case vent tube, evape.purge Canister, evaporator detection pump, fuel pump, sshifting solenoid, crankcase position sensor, cam shaft position sensor, egr, output speed sensor, inputs peed sensor, and all 4 abs and I get these codes c1032, C121C, C102B, U0002, U1418, P0935, P0406, P1745, P1746, P0305. I still an not get a good idle and the P0305 misfire after replacing all spark plugs and coils I got this code for cylinder 3 brad new replaced it with another and now this, replaced the shifting selonoid because all of a sudden it wouldn't shift rpm would just go up and up after replacing it it is still doing that been replacing all these things to stop and get my idle back to normal and start shifting smothly through the years. I had put a new ecm in a plug-n-play they said hahaha shit that turn all my lights o including airbag so put old ecm back in my light that went back out was airbag ABS BAS traction cntrol and check engine light stays on and the check engine light will intermittently falsh after l did all this, a lot of this was done to end this. At my Witt's ends on this. Any idea what do from her, please help. Thank you.
You have quite the problem child there!

Reading thru your list of codes, i don’t see anything but the p0305 pointing to intermittent misfire.

Back to basics : what plugs did you use? If anything other than the ngk coppers, us old Jeepers suggest you change back to stock. The 3.7 just doesn’t do well with the newer technology stuff, like iridium, etc.

Maybe split your post up into issues and tackle from there.

It seems that you have rear speed / abs issues from that list.

Do you have access to a scanner that can show data in real time? My 06 had abs issues that ran me in circles until I watched the wheel speeds while driving. RF was flakey. Replaced that hub, many codes went away. Also, you may have a wire that is suspect. Inspect not only the ends, but along pinch points, junctions, clips, etc.

Help us to help you.

Which issue do you want to tackle first?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Man that is hard to read, even after reading 4 times I am almost lost
So like Dad mentioned separate things out, what brand of parts used, when and why etc
It will help us all IN trying to help you
These Jeeps do not like certain brands of replacement parts , so that maybe part of the issues you're having
Also I have had at least one KJ in the driveway since 2004, bought new, and have 3, well 2 now just sold one and have never replaced as many parts on all 3 of them
Was this a total basket case or what ?

Pt420

Reaction score

Reading thru your list of codes, i don’t see anything but the p0305 pointing to intermittent misfire.

Back to basics : what plugs did you use? If anything other than the ngk coppers, us old Jeepers suggest you change back to stock. The 3.7 just doesn’t do well with the newer technology stuff, like iridium, etc.

Do you have access to a scanner that can show data in real time? My 06 had abs issues that ran me in circles until I watched the wheel speeds while driving. RF was flakey. Replaced that hub, many codes went away. Also, you may have a wire that is suspect. Inspect not only the ends, but along pinch points, junctions, clips, etc.

Help us to help you.

2 front new hubs and abs, new abs sensor in rear and I am leaning on bad wiring in the rear for that. And no I do not have access to code reader . The issue I really need help with is sifting issue being stuck I believe in second.

Help us to help you.

No I do not have access to scanner. Spark plugs are auto light platinum I also replaced fuel injectors. Yes I am leaning on bad wiring for rear abs will be looking into that same for egr, my biggest issue is it is not going into higher gears and rpm just going up and up that is the main thing seems stuck in second really needing help with that As for the others it still drives good when it's shifting through the gears. Wondering if it is my ecm creating all these issues and if so need reputable co. for ecm and programming.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ive used them a number of times for one of my own and at least 4 customers
plug and play , send VIN, number of miles, new one shows up and really is plug and play
Lots of people I know have used them with no issues
ONLY use NGK plugs , plats are total junk in a KJ, will make one miss for sure , have found it on ones brought to me with a miss issue
as far as not shifting Id find a good transmission shop that can check it out all over , pressure etc

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Ive used them a number of times for one of my own and at least 4 customers
plug and play , send VIN, number of miles, new one shows up and really is plug and play
Lots of people I know have used them with no issues
ONLY use NGK plugs , plats are total junk in a KJ, will make one miss for sure , have found it on ones brought to me with a miss issue

as far as not shifting Id find a good transmission shop that can check it out all over , pressure etc
Tom - would you think, that due to the codes coming from the rear end, it would change what the TCM will allow the transmission to actually do?

I agree, need to get a shop to evaluate the drive train - just thinking aloud here.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 front new hubs and abs, new abs sensor in rear and I am leaning on bad wiring in the rear for that. And no I do not have access to code reader . The issue I really need help with is sifting issue being stuck I believe in second.

No I do not have access to scanner. Spark plugs are auto light platinum I also replaced fuel injectors. Yes I am leaning on bad wiring for rear abs will be looking into that same for egr, my biggest issue is it is not going into higher gears and rpm just going up and up that is the main thing seems stuck in second really needing help with that As for the others it still drives good when it's shifting through the gears. Wondering if it is my ecm creating all these issues and if so need reputable co. for ecm and programming.
on the code reader, not so much a code reader as a smart tablet device that can read the data stream in real time. Like a shop tool - I use a Launch 431 as my go to. There is so much more electrically that just the code.

Tom has a good resource on the ECM posted in his reply....

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom - would you think, that due to the codes coming from the rear end, it would change what the TCM will allow the transmission to actually do?

I agree, need to get a shop to evaluate the drive train - just thinking aloud here.
I would think it is a possibility for sure

Pt420

Reaction score
on the code reader, not so much a code reader as a smart tablet device that can read the data stream in real time. Like a shop tool - I use a Launch 431 as my go to. There is so much more electrically that just the code.

Tom has a good resource on the ECM posted in his reply....
I had a launch but couldn't register it for the warrenty or updates the one I got was from china so I got the codes from it and sent it back. Amazon agread it was abunk site they tried.

Burnzomatic

Reaction score
Sounds like u got a lot of new internal parts. Perhaps the idle problem is,
head gasket or a seal is causing a vacuum leak . If a new one was installed and not done right, or its cheap or made slightly wrong it could leak , also heads can warp causing leaking. If the gasket isn't already replaced it might be something to look into . Check the oil for antifreeze and antifreeze for oil. But thats not always a symptom of ahead gasket leak depends where its leaking .Id say check any seals where vacuum leaks can happen. And definitely check all your vacuum lines , hoses are in good shape or actually attached , its soo easy to forget one little rubber hose . Cant say this will help all your symptoms but sounds like the main issue to start

Pt420

Reaction score
Sounds like u got a lot of new internal parts. Perhaps the idle problem is,
head gasket or a seal is causing a vacuum leak . If a new one was installed and not done right, or its cheap or made slightly wrong it could leak , also heads can warp causing leaking. If the gasket isn't already replaced it might be something to look into . Check the oil for antifreeze and antifreeze for oil. But thats not always a symptom of ahead gasket leak depends where its leaking .Id say check any seals where vacuum leaks can happen. And definitely check all your vacuum lines , hoses are in good shape or actually attached , its soo easy to forget one little rubber hose . Cant say this will help all your symptoms but sounds like the main issue to start
I have been checking them over and over and the head gasket no white smoke from exhust not losing antfreeze and non in oil.I haven't check to see or tested for gasses coming out of antifreeze over flow tank. All hoses look good and are connected. I can not hear any air leaking from anywhere around engine. I havent done a smoke test.

Latest posts

Members online