help parking sensor installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sudistes

Reaction score
Hello

I'd like to install parking assistance on my jeep liberty 2006( 4 sensors on rear and 2 on front)

It seems that I must remove front and rear bumpers

can anybody could help me to install this equipment?

sudistes

Reaction score
nobody

nobody could help me to explain how to remove rear bumper on liberty ???

thx

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you really have to take the bumper off? To install the sensors, wouldn't you would just have to drill the holes and run the wires into the control box? Drilling the holes for the sensor should be easier from the outside of the bumper. There are probably a few ways to get the wires inside the cabin to the control box. I ran a wire into the cabin for a rear laser detector thru a hole used by the license plate light bulbs.

sudistes

Reaction score
Parking sensor

thanks for reply

what is the licence plate? and where is it?

Indeed it's easy to drill holes from exterior of rear bumper but after, it seems very difficult to get cables from sensor to cargo ! thats why it seems I must remove the rear bumper.

How get the cable withous have access on the back side of the rear bumper (sorry for my english)

thanks !

Boilermaker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
at first i wondered why you were asking what a license plate was...then i read the last line of your reply and figured it out. On the KJs in the US, the license plate area is at the bottom left of the bumper, (where the image is all swirled):
You must be registered for see images

If you have the euro bumper, you i guess you don't have license plate lights...but there might be a place in that area that you can use to get wires into the cabin.

If i get a chance over the weekend i'll pull the trim piece in the cargo area up and take a picture of where i ran the wire. Hopefully that will be of more help.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but everything I read said the rear sensors will not work because of the rear mounted spare tire being mounted externally and confusing the sensors

Bob

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Can't the sensors be mounted within the spare or on the spare?

They probably could, although it would be a pain if you ever wanted to take the spare off, i bet depending on the size of the sensor maybe you could rig it up to be positioned on one of the open lug holes.

Im guessing that it would infact screw up the sensor since the tire is mounted back there, the sensor might think that you are already to close to something all the time.

Now if you were installing just a backup camera this would be a whole different story.

sudistes

Reaction score
radar

Indeed, I saw a picture from uk guy who has installed 2 sensors on rear bumper and 2 on spare tire (indeed the european liberty model has not a licence plate on rear bumber but on spare tire, and the spare tire has a special PVC support)

What I dont understand is if I drill holes on rear bumper, how get the sensors cables to go on cargo?

many thanks

sudistes

Reaction score
help

Hello

Maybe there is a solution by drilling holes and run cable by the red light (stop and turn light block).

May you explain me how remove this light block? (There are 2 screws near the cargo but I am unable to remove the block after removing the screw and I am afraid to break the PVC block)

thanks !

(Very sorry, I am a newbie in mechanic)

especko

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: help

sudistes said:
Hello

Maybe there is a solution by drilling holes and run cable by the red light (stop and turn light block).

May you explain me how remove this light block? (There are 2 screws near the cargo but I am unable to remove the block after removing the screw and I am afraid to break the PVC block)

thanks !

(Very sorry, I am a newbie in mechanic)

remove the 2 screws like you said, then gently pull straight back, there are in there pretty tight the first time you take them out. after that they should come out more easily. Just remember pull straight back.

Members online

No members online now.