HELP NEEDED ON KJ LIFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RonaldWise

Reaction score
Hi There! (Aeh)
I what to lift my KJ 2002 and I Live in South Africa.
The Lift kits that are availble here are 1: Procomp 2: Old man emue 3: iorn man. All of the above only give +/_ 2" lift, will this do. The salesman at the shop does not recommed the Procomp lift. the Procomp lift will give the most lift.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND.
Thanks Guys OME 2" Lift Fitted Will i need more lift and how
Thanks
Ronald

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, never seen a procomp lift on a kj? I have the ome lift with Medium duty's on the front and HD on the back. I only received 1.5in on the front and 2in rear. Some people get the HD front coils and do a small clevis lift to receive around 2-2.25in of lift on the front, with the same 2" rear. The good thing about this lift, it will not stress any parts of the suspension, but its not the tallest lift you can get on the libby.

It all depends on the type of wheeling you do really. With skids, a locker, and good tires, I can go anywhere I would ever want to take my jeep. \:D/

fouros

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coming from australia

i would reccomend the OME lift

but the iron man is a NEW realease , i have a friend with an XJ running the ironman lift , and he loves it no sagging to speak of, BUT

the iron man kit is coil springs only so i would say you will get about 40- 50mm of lift

http://www.ironmansuspension.com/

look at getting new struts and shocks, i run RANCHO rsx17005 struts and the RSX17004 shocks and they work well with my Old Man Emu coils

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RonaldWise said:
Hi There! (Aeh)
I what to lift my KJ 2002 and I Live in South Africa.
The Lift kits that are availble here are 1: Procomp 2: Old man emue 3: iorn man. All of the above only give +/_ 2" lift, will this do. The salesman at the shop does not recommed the Procomp lift. the Procomp lift will give the most lift.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS RECOMMEND.
Thanks
Ronald
2-2.5" lift is pretty much standard. Some also do a small clevis lift to help the front and level things out. You can't go much taller than 3-3.5" due to the IFS system (high angles on drivelines, binding CV joints, all that fun stuff). I am getting a Daystar lift this weekend and I'll be putting it on after I get the LBJs replaced next month. Good luck with whatever you choose and WELCOME to the site.

andrea70

Reaction score
Hi,
i'm from Italy and i'm very happy to have the 1.5" OME Kit, so i recommend it.

I have mounted the Heavy Duty ones in front (OME makes 3 kind: light, medium and heavy duty) and medium for rear.

There is no need to other modifications except a wheel alignment.

You want to mount yourself? Look to my web pages and see instructions (in italian) and pictures.

http://andrea70.jtv.cc

or mirror (not yet updated, but almost complete) http://web.tiscali.it/adde