Help - Need Sunroof Wiring Pin-Outs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GA05SPORT

Reaction score
:D OK so yes this is EVIC related. I have had a few of these for some time and decided ( without thinking at times ) to make the install this weekend.

Had looked over everything here and lost and wjjeeps many times and knew kinda what would be the worst of it.... little did I know.

The sunroof connector on my 05 Sport model is/was different from either of the connectors on the EVIC I had obtained. I chose to use a 04 EVIC since it had everything plus the picture showed the same switch for my sunroof ( in looks only ).

My mistake was not documenting the pin-outs of the old switch prior to cutting off the connector (nono.gif DUMB DUMB DUMB where is the big hammer DUMB ). I've taken apart the switch for the EVIC and the pin outs "should" be

GRND
VENT
CLOSE
AUTO

tracing the circuit diagram on the small board.

Unfortunately since I am a idiot I can no longer do that with the old switch wiring. The wires coming out of the harness are a bit strange

Orange/Blue Stripe
Orange/Blue Stripe ( yes two the same color I thought the same thing..WT..)
Orange/Yellow Stripe
Orange/Light Green Stripe ( can barely see it! )

Would anyone happen to have a wiring diagram that would help me match these up?

Beer Gift Card ( or other favorite beverage ) glady sent in return!

GA05SPORT

Reaction score
OMG... THANK YOU POWERSLAVE! Success!

That part was NOT fun. Found identified ground, used test lead and ID'd each additional wire ( since each switch works by simply grounding the lead ). Tested. Worked and dissasembled switch again. And then got it all connected soldered and the install finished. The lights are right but I can live without them for a few days to get everything buttoned up and ready for the work week.

So POWERSLAVE where do I send the beverages?

peej20

Reaction score
How did you end up making this work? I am just about finished installing an '04 EVIC in a '07... the one hang up being that the '04 sunroof switch does not match the '07 sunroof pigtail and the '07 switch doesn't fit into the '04 housing. Any advice that you have would be greatly appreciated.