Help me find the hissing noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EVAP or Vacuum leaks generally will cause the KJ to run like :favorites68:
Electrical tape will not hold that long under the kJ, so get some new hose.
Checking for leaks....or....I like Ryan's Stethoscope!
36647[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Hey maybe you could ask LibertyTC if you can have that bit of rubber hose off his stethoscope? It looks about the right size!! :icon_lol:

Attachments

• AliceLake00B.jpg
    AliceLake00B.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 0

RChris173

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey maybe you could ask LibertyTC if you can have that bit of rubber hose off his stethoscope? It looks about the right size!! :icon_lol:

Jeep/Chrysler/whatever wanted to charge me ~$45 for the whole tubing assembly.

I went to a local Carquest and was able to get a 5/16" of fuel line which worked beautifully. In fact, I think that is what might have been there because the old rubber said 5/16" on it and it had the same consistency.

Best part of all, it was a quick fix and Carquest didn't charge me anything for it! :)

Kj Ken

Reaction score
Thanks guys ive had the same problem since i brought mine and i was just told it was a noisey fuel pump but ill be climbing under to have a look when i get home

jkulisz

Reaction score
Was looking over my wife's Liberty and heard the hiss underneath like yall mentioned. Like magic it was the same hose pictured before sitting right in front of the fuel tank. Sounds like someone was sitting under the Liberty with a can of compressed air spraying nonstop. She ignored the loud hiss just like she ignored the 3 near flats she had with nails in them. Thanks all! These threads teach so much more than college.

UPDATE: O'Reilly's cut me a piece of tubing no charge, cant beat that price. Turned out to be 5/16" for the Liberty. There is still a light hiss in the area not sure if that is normal or if there is another small crack somewhere I'm not seeing. Before replacing this hose piece I could hear the hiss from the driver seat with the window down and the engine on but now it's only noticeable if you walk around to the back of the vehicle.

Last edited:

QkJ

Reaction score
I had the same problem....mine was a hose right above the rear diff that was cracked... There's two hoses next to each other, just grab a flash light and get in there you will see it

Latest posts

Members online