Help me decide

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Edd Harbin

Reaction score
OK . have read and re-read ALL of the lift kit post . I have gotten it down to 2 possibles . If I go the spacer route it will be the daystar . If I go the ciol kit it will be OME .
I want this lift mainly for just some light trail use , fireroads, and going down to the river. Mostly road use with some offroad . Witch would be the best trade off between cost and use ?
With either one of these , is there anything else that I will need , spacers , pucks , with the daystar should I go with new shocks ? If I go with the OME do I go with the JBA a-arms ? Do I need to relocate my brake bracket ? I plan on ordering kit in next week or so . Install is easy , I work at a Dealership (Porsche/Landrover/BMW/Buick/ISUZU/Volvo/JAG/Fiskers) and one of the LandRover techs owes me :D.
Also , for what I am looking for , what shocks should I go for ? OME/Rancho/ or other ?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best is OME/Ranchos

Front - OME # 927 (heavy duty)

Rear OME # 948 (heavy duty)

Front - Rancho 17505

Rear - Rancho 17004

You will need extended bumpstops ...Terraflex 3" or Daystar for rear

There is a lift thread on here and that is the consensus of the best from those that have installed it.

If you have access to a real shop/tools and extra hands that is a real good thing and it will be an easy install for you as apposed to doing it in your driveway.

Dave.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
What Dave and kj924 said!
I have a Frankenlift Standard I sitting right in front of me. I chose their kit because I want to get as much lift as possible for the money.
If I were you, I would go for front and rear Old Man Emu coil springs and Rancho shocks!
They will last longer than a spacer lift. Especially if your KJ has close to or over 30K miles on the clock.
And as long as they are not used in conjunction with spacer lift components (Like a Frankenlift lift kit), they have a lifetime warranty!
Money well invested!