HELP ME!! Broken Clevis

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where to buy a clevis that will fit a 2006 KJ? I was tying to add a conduit but to give me a spacer size if .5 inches since my front was lower. The second the top clevis bolt came loose the side just dropped to the ground, broken.

I have a really important Dr appointment Monday I can't miss and my Jeep is my only ride (the down side to not keeping many friends and being a shut in since I got no one I can ask for a ride)

I'm freaking out trying to figure out what to do. No auto part places here even knew what I was talking about when I called and I can't find anything online. Junkyards where no luck when I called for liberty's somehow.

I'm in panic mode to get this fixed ASAP and I have no clue what to do.

If anyone has anything they can point me too to help so I can get a new one I would be very grateful.

I guess the plus side is it happened in a jack and not on the road with my son.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a welder your could put the bolt back in and then weld the piece back on and then you should be able to drive it until you can get the part.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I wish I had some practical advice (renegade 04 has a good comment, I would think), but I can send you some moral support at least.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you both.

Unfortunately no welder. The thing looks like it's made out if pewter or something weak too.

Just wish I could find a place to even get the part. So far no luck online at all unless it has anther name besides Clevis.

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What ever you do don't drive it.

No welding it and but any clevis from any KJ will work.As far as finding one I can't help but double check the junkyards for any KJ,2wd or 4wd does not matter.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Wow ... that's pricey! Definitely need to get a used one.

Sorry about your luck dude :(

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah for sure not driving it at all. I got someone who offered to sell me 2 of her forks she has laying around. So hopefully that works out. The piece that broke broke in half just from me handling it so it was in pretty bad shape. I try to wash it once a week to prevent corrosion and rusting but I noticed when I out in the original clevis spacers that it looked rusty.

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Www.car-part.com might help u out some. Its an online jy search. Search for strut and call the jy that has one and try to buy the clevis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that you'll be able to get it all patched up

krawlr4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that's awesome that you're able to find the fork, it's also even better to know that it broke while you were working on it rather than driving down the highway ;)

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's crazy because I hadn't even started doing anything. No prying or anything. The bolt was hard as hell to crack loose and after I got it loose and it past the left side it just dropped to the ground. I got a set of forks coming so I plan to replace both sides just in case the other side is rusted just as bad (it looks just as rusted)

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds to me like it's actually been broken for awhile. I doubt it broke just from dis-assembly. Glad you found it in the garage and not off-road somewhere!

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They seem like they are some sort of cast iron, which doesn't take much at all to break like that. I've never seen cast anything rust beyond surface rust and pitting (of course I've never seen road salt either). Could your kj have taken a hard hit, or ran into a huge pothole?

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a guy back up and hit my front end a few days before this but I doubt that caused it. Plus it was the opposite side he hit in the front too.

Last edited: